1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZR500 Replica

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by rzrgjeff, Jul 24, 2011.

1. rzrgjeff

rzrgjeff Member

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Very sweet bike. Lots of attention to detail and fitment. This might be quite pricey but it will no doubt sell. I can't see that there is anything remaining to do to this bike except ride it and enjoy!

3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Looks like a beautiful bike...Nice work.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If it sells for $6K, I'll be the buyer :)

Its teh SEX!!!!

6. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

A fine machine.

Maybe someone will score it this time.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

25K and counting... sheesh, wasn't too long ago when you could buy a real Honda 500 GP bike for not much more. Crazy world, these days. Guess I'm just sore I couldn't score it for $6K :)

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Surely you were joking-?? Well, obviously someone wants it and is willing or so it seems, to pay big bucks for it...but where does it fit in? Certainly not a collector's bike and unlikely to be raced...are we to asume it will be ridden on the street every now and then? Probably that's it...a showpiece street bike. I could find other ways to spend $ 25 grand, couldn't you?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, I had no illusions that it would sell for anything less than $15K, but I personally feel its only worth $10K-ish. I have a very nice RZ500 myself and can appreciate the work put into it.

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

we were saying the same thing at lunch today. awesomely nice bike, but that's a LOT of money for a frankenstein project. no real collectors value from an original bike standpoint or a real GP bike standpoint... its just super damn cool and nicely done. to each their own tho... if you got the money and you fall in love, why not.

damn V4's get more and more expensive to snatch up with each passing year.

12. charles

charles The Transporter

$ 27,250 winnning bid.

Crikey. :wow:

13. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Damn

14. Jixxer Josh

Jixxer Josh TEX The LED Guy!!

I saw this bike at Full Spectrum racing in Longwood FL. The guy that sold it is a Doctor from Ormond Beach FL. He has quite an amazing collection. The frame is one of Wayne's old frames. The engine is from Europe. I have a few pics and video's of the bike on the Dyno. Where can I post them?

15. MAGIFESQ

MAGIFESQ Well-Known Member

Dang, I remember when I almost coulda bought a TZ750 for $15k, but that deal kinda crapped out