1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZF750

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by shaugdog, Aug 3, 2018.

1. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

Post what you got, bike is in the shop now getting worked on and need a header/mid, clipons, any brake conversions laying around? Thanks in advance!

2. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I just acquired a 94 YZF750. It was a race bike from the beginning. I know nothing about 4 strokes. This bike is fitted with a 92 FZR1000 engine. I would like to change back to 750 for AHRMA and WERA V7. Please contact me at [email protected]

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Contact Mike Burns.He has alot of seat time and probably some leads.He is also racing AHRMA this year.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Isnt the 1000 legal for V7HW?

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yes, but not in a YZF750 frame.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Its been a few years since I did V7,but I thought it was superbike rules and if the engine and frames were of similar models and the engine bolts right in,then its legal as long as you were within displacement.

JBall likes this.
  7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I've thought about shoehorning a carbed R1 engine into mine. 93K miles on it. Hasn't been run since 2013 (lack of time and lack of wanting to work on it).

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This.

9. fastfreddie

It's been covered. FZR cases are not YZF cases, no matter how similar or potentially interchangeable.

10. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Was it covered in the Yamaha parts catalog? For certain model years the cases are identical btw the YZF & FZR, exact same part #.

All engine cases for YZF750/FZR1000 are: 3GM-15100-XX

OW01:
    89 -01

YZF750:
    93 -51
    94 -51
    95 -52

96 -53
    97 -55

FZR1000:
    89 -01
    90 -01
    91 -01
    92 -50
    93 -51
    94 -52
    95 -52

11. fastfreddie

Where were you when that thread was happenin'? :D

12. TZRusty

No history on this bike. The stock fzr1000 engine was installed by my friend. The frame has no serial numbers. The steering head has reinforcement welded around the front and behind it is boxed with sheet. The swingarm pivot area is also boxed with sheet. No open castings on the frame like stock. The rearsets are fabricated plates with TZ 250 shift and brake levers. Billet suspension linkage and fox shock. Any ideas ?

13. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

Let’s see some pics!

You can join the Facebook YZF750 page . It’s pretty active and there are some very knowledgeable guys on there.

I have a YZF750 frame with no serial number. It was a replacement frame bought for a racebike back in the day.

Does yours have the rubber sound dampers in the frame rails?

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. TZRusty

How would I tell if dampers are in ?

15. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

They probably are, but since you mentioned someone had done some work on the frame, you never know. I know some of the guys in the UK cut sections out of the inside of the swingarm to remove them and then re-weld everything. Apparently, they weight a fair bit.

The rubber "nibs" circled in the photo show where they are. I think they are there to stop them from moving around.

Attached Files:

16. TZRusty

Looking for contact with Mike Burns

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I will tell him to check in here.

18. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

TZ,

Is this the same bike you were selling in 2014?

19. TZRusty

Yes, Larry Dinmore owned it. Only raced it twice at VIR and Summit in 2003. Now Rob Simpson and I own it. We would like to get it back on track. It's a cool bike.

20. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I rode that donkey at Summit back then. Was my first wera round with Larry. Pretty sure it had R1 legs/front end on it.