1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZF R6 front fender mod?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by john westcott, Nov 24, 2019.

1. john westcott

john westcott Well-Known Member

Any one have trouble fitting a 120/70/17 pirelli diablo supercorsa on the 2002 YZF 6R? Mine is to tall for the front fender to fit.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep,too tight on my '99. Tire warmer too.......forget about it. Took the fender off and just run it without

3. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Well I'm about to try to mount a 70 series Pirelli TD on my 2006. I'll let you know.

4. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

Air is just finishing up on a taller fender the R6 tire issue. Should be ready before Daytona.

5. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

99% sure an 03-04 front fender will fit. I believe a brand new tire will still hit (dunlop race tire) and if you pick up a hotbodies fender you can drill it lower so it will clear the warmer/tire easier.

6. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Was an issue in 03 as well, I just made a bracket and used some bondo to raise it up.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Remember that the early R6s used a 120/60R17 (smaller dia.) front so with any current 120/70R17 adjustments will need to be made

8. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

The R6 fender AirTech is making taller is for the early bikes with conventional forks. The International Challenge bike use those forks and the fender is for them.