1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZ85 motor and M4 exhaust for sale, $800

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Hotfoot, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I have a 4 stroke motor that someone might want to use in a minibike or gokart.

I bought a YZ85 motor with matched M4 exhaust from Darcy Decoste Racing Engines, upon my mechanic's recommendation, because he suggested converting my YSR50 bike to this engine. The conversion turned out to be more of a project than anticipated, so I still have the motor, never even took it out of the box until today.

The package is worth about $2000 but I have no use for it, and don't want to fiddle with eBay, so I will take $800 for motor and exhaust.

Everything is new, unused. Engine builder website is DarcyDecosteRacing.com.

PM me for more info.

Will try to get pictures uploaded later today.

Attached Files:

2. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

That is a 2-stroke motor in the picture.

Even better !!!

3. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

4. Hotfoot

I am in Southern CA, in Chino. I will be at Auto Club Speedway Saturday and Sunday for the WERA race, can bring it out there if that helps.

I didn't know much about the motor (or motors in general, to be honest) so I emailed Darcy DeCoste Racing, which is where it came from, and asked him how to describe it in an ad. (My mechanic bought it about 5 years ago to put in my YSR50 but we never did it and it has been in a box the whole time.) Darcy was kind enough to look up the sale and this what he told me:

"The motor is a DDR (Darcy DeCoste Racing) built YZ85 Moto engine in freshened condition, never used since purchased. It would be a great (very fast) spare engine for a motorcycle or to use in a kart project. If you list it on ebay make sure it is listed in the categories of YZ 85, yamaha 85, kart engine, and kart motor.

Feel free to have any potential customers give us a call or email if they need any information regarding it."

Hopefully that is a better description than what I originally gave; I thought the motor was brand new but after researching it Darcy couldn't tell from the invoice if it was brand new or a refreshed motor, so I suppose it could be either one.

Darcy said the exhaust will fit directly on a go kart, but may not directly fit on a motorcycle.

5. Hotfoot

Oops, I meant a two-stroke. Not sure how to edit my original post or I would fix that. Yeah, I guess the two-stroke would be a little quicker, huh?

I'd probably keep it if I could find somebody that could get it working in my YSR!!!

6. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

so that is a complete exhaust"System" made by M4 ?

7. Hotfoot

Well, it is an M4 brand silencer, I don't know if M4 is the manufacturer or just the brand name. What I mean by "system" is what you see in the photo, I don't know who actually makes the pipe but I bought it all as a system with the silencer mounted as shown in the photo, and I bought the whole package together - motor and exhaust - from a racing kart motor builder. The whole package was designed for use in a gokart but it was purchased for a YSR50 conversion.

8. nokturnal

nokturnal Well-Known Member

M4 does not make 2T exhaust... i am thinkin someone put an M4 badge on the can...

9. Hotfoot

Sure they make them, they make them for go-karts, I see them on karts all the time. We have one on our shifter kart. Here is a link to an M4 silencer for a CR85, as an example:
    http://www.fastech-racing.com/cr80-cr85-silencers/

but a Google search for "M4 kart exhaust" will give you other examples.

10. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

11. Hotfoot

Everything has been sold, no longer available. Thanks for looking.