1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZ80

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by DaBeast, Jan 24, 2010.

1. DaBeast

DaBeast Well-Known Member

I am looking to get my sons YZ80 motor reworked from top to bottom and wanted a reference as to where to take it or have the motor sent. Any where near SC is definitely a plus, can you guys guide me?

2. Squirrel

Squirrel Well-Known Member

The yz80 and most other two strokes are the simplest engines to put together...Even if you took it to a factory shop it wouldnt be that expensive. A complete crank kit, piston kit and a gasket set shouldnt run much over 200 bucks...Labor with motor out should be around a couple of hours? Yamaha of Lumberton(Across the border from you) has some good techs and the owner Jr. Bryant does good work for very reasonable prices!!!

3. DaBeast

I have never torn into an engine but I keep hearing they are simple. Would rather just pay someone to do it right than for me to screw it up and have them fix what I messed up! Also, how can I tell what year the motor is? I bought it used and the motor is in a YSR50 but have no idea what year the motor is. It is liquid cooled so I know its a newer motor

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  4. ducati366

ducati366 Member

what year is your YZ? i have a totally rebuilt bottom & top end Suzuki Rm 83cc engine yr 2000. let me kjnow if ur interested

5. DaBeast

Its a YSR with YZ80 engine. I don't know what year the motor is

6. YB Legal

YB Legal Well-Known Member

andrews motorsports. but they are in concord,nc. i have no idea what shipping would be???

7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Wiseco has some good deals right now on thier bottomend rebuild kits, to do the top and bottom end (new crank, main bearins and seals, piston kit and gaskets your looking at about 250 in parts. I charge 150 if you send just the engine for a basic rebuild. We are located in Chattanooga Tn, If your interested give me a call @423-899-0586