1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZ490 Project

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by grasshopper, Sep 10, 2015.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

$500 obo or trades....YZ490 project bike. I have too many motorcycles and not enough time to work on all of them. This is a project I never got around to. There's a clutch push rod mechanism(discontinued by yamaha) that rotates inside the left hand side engine case to actuate the clutch basket. That part was worn out / broke. I found a good one on ebay a while back. I also bought a new clutch cable. Both of those parts come with the bike to make the clutch work. The only kicker is there is a bearing that is housed in the engine case (discontinued by yamaha) that the clutch push rod mechanism rotates in. You will need to go to motion industries or a bearing manufacturer and give them the ID and OD of the bearing. They are still available. It's a little needle style bearing. Probably 40 or 50 bucks for the little thing.

The motor has compression and the top end was supposedly done prior to me getting the bike. You can see the newer gasket at the base of the cylinder. The bike is all there. Just needs some time and it will run and ride again.

I'm willing to trade for a pair of Kayaks or 1 nice kayak. SV parts, 2001 KX250 parts, Supermoto wheels for a TTR125, Ice tires for a TTR125 or other outdoors / sporting goods items.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Need a paint job :)