1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZ125 MX bike convert to track-worthy bike?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Nanotech9, Jun 7, 2007.

1. RB

RB Well-Known Member

Only when I try to live. I took up Benchrest shooting. It's not mc racing but it's competition. Got 3rd today :up: . The recoil does work on the neck a bit :down: I have PILLS :p

Later

2. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

The tank of the Yammy's looks like an old Fizzer 4 tank.

I'd love to talk with the Honda owner to ask what was involved
    that isn't obvious.

From the 2 photos the Honda has much less clearance, and I can't tell if those are the CRF450 forks. They look it.

3. Nanotech9

Nanotech9 Well-Known Member

congrats on 3rd... just last month i made #8 of 23 shooters in our local USPSA competition shooting my G17 in production class.

I think i need to get with FFRacing about my suspension.

From what i can tell, my YZ might have a 2" longer wheel base than my ZX10.... not sure how that compares to a RS125. I'll try to actually measure the YZ tonight.

Of course, lower the suspension, and with the angle of the forks, then that wheel base shortens. But that brings in other steering problems to overcome (maybe).

Looks like i've got lots of comparing and measuring to do.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Lowering the suspension will also lose wb. The 125 will be in the 55.5" to 56.5: range when finished. Tdub

5. Alex G 332

Alex G 332 Well-Known Member

Come to loudon

Hey Tdub, Bring that kid to loudon we got alot of old cranks up here you could take back with you
    Come on up and we'll put you up
    Alex #132

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Alex, Loudon doesnt run the mini class...we even went all the way out to summit to run 4 laps around 1/2 the track against 1 other rider...can't wat till he can run the 125! Till then, VIR is about as far east as we will be going I think...maybe...LOL Tdub

7. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

Nano,

check out www.oklahomasuperbikers.com we race 'tards on Kart tracks in Tulsa, OKC, and Norman... you will learn way more hussling around the kart tracks on a motard than hallett.

let me know if you have any questions.