1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YSR 50 Engine....What's it Worth?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by DDK732, Jan 10, 2014.

1. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I'm doing a bit of a garage cleaning and getting rid of some stuff that I'm just never going to use. My dad gave me a YSR project bike that I'm currently installing a KX 65 engine into, so I have the stock YSR engine laying around and want to sell it. Anyone know what they're worth?

It's far from "like new" condition but it's all there (carb, electrics, oil pump etc.) and feels like it has good compression.

Attached Files:

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

You should be able to find some info on www.ysr50.com .I sold one a couple of years ago. I did not know the history of the engine .I think I got $125.00 .

3. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for the info!

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have a complete bottom end for one that I need t sell. I also have a really nice mikuni flat slide carb that I need to get rid of.

On a side note, I put an xr100 engine in my YSR.

5. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

+1 on the ysr50.com site, you'll have fun with the kx65 motor. If your going to race it on kart tracks the 1st thing you'll want to do is upgrade the front brake. we used the cr80/crf150 master with ss line and it made a big difference.

As much as I love 2strokes the xr100 motor is a blast in the ysr.

6. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I was going to use a KLX 140 but the engine is pretty tall. You could probably make it work if you really wanted to. The 65 was a freebie so that was an easy decision! lol It'll take me a while to get this thing finished, I just don't have the extra money to throw at it right now. But when it is finished it'll be a blast out at the local cart tracks!

7. backcountryme

Tight Package
    [​IMG]

8. backcountryme

9. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

[​IMG]

10. raddad13

hrer is one of the ysr's with the xr100 motor

Attached Files:

11. backcountryme

Is that a carbon tank?

12. raddad13

yes it is, me and a buddy of mine made a few of them. we tried a few different liners, but the ethanol kept causing them to leak when fuel was left in for any long period of time.It ruined the tanks, we ended up cutting out the bottom of them and running a plastic pit bike tank under them. another friend is still using one that never had the ethanol fuel in it and he drains it after every ride and its done fine.
    we also made a front fender

Attached Files:

13. Johnny_B

Johnny_B Member

14. backcountryme

Man I wish I had one. I use a fuel with no alcohol and it doesn't break down like gasoline. I am thinking it would be fine in one of those. I wish I could make stuff like that. Props to you guys.