1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You talk about roll the dice

Discussion in 'General' started by John Branch, Jul 4, 2018.

1. John Branch

John Branch 90125

so I ordered a set of radiators for my honda nc30. I went with a Chinese company named winner racin . So i open the box and they are not the same as the picture!? But i was suprised because they we’re nicely made! But the top radiator was not curved like the original! And the top radiator doesn’t fit!? I can make it work but?! Here is were the story goes. I had seen another set of radiators for 79$! So I ordered them. They come in i open the box and. Ha they are not even close to what they we’re supposed to be! But they we’re nicely built! And they almost bolt on to my 150r!! So i will keep them and not send back !And so i was looking again and saw some more radiators and thought to myself? 3rd times a charm? I ordered them . 160$. Seven days later they are here . I open the box almost like a kid on Christmas morning! I take a deep breath and close my eyes and! They are the ONES like in the picture!!! BUT they are not as nicely made as the others! When i get a chance i will take pictures .

cha0s#242 likes this.
  2. !

BHP41 likes this.
  3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

26FE62D0-269C-4EF6-BDEF-49D8AEE5AC3D.png

John Branch and Mot Okstef like this.
  4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ok wtf?

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

and then

John Branch likes this.
  6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

New TV show ! Radiator Hoarder :D

John Branch likes this.
  7. Walking over dollars to get to pennies. Pay now or later but you will pay.

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I went the chinese aluminum radiator route for my 1992 Yamaha WR250ZD as Yamaha was out of stock and not making any more. Found a company claiming to have them on eBay, for CHEAP, and ordered a set. Well, turns out their pattern was way off so I took pics and measurements and relayed them back. They paid for return shipping, sent me a second set that fits pretty damn well. Some things still required tweaking, mostly I had to grind down the side plates where the press on nuts go for the bodywork as they used pretty stout aluminum compared to the thin pot metal Yamaha spec'd but other than that they're mint. They also did up a hose kit to my design for me too.

John Branch likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

must be a breeze to keep cool with all them radiators! :D

John Branch likes this.
  10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

This story is rad.

Gino230, SpeedyTide, TLR67 and 2 others like this.
  11. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Cool story, bro'.

John Branch likes this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Cool story Bruh

John Branch likes this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Rich - I thought this was you posting under a different sign in. :D

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

They make 'em for F1 cars?

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm lookin' for one that'll fit my VW microbus. Any suggestions?

motoracer1100 likes this.
  16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I know me too. Confused the fuck out of me lol.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol that was alot of exclamation points.

John Branch and Gorilla George like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Chris, ToofPic, Shenanigans and 4 others like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, you did their R&D for them and walked them through how to knock off the WR radiator and all you got was return shipping? Shit, they shoud have at least sent you a Bolex and a set of Rike training shoes. :D

Chris likes this.
  20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Well, the hose kit was free, and I think ultimately I got the radiators themselves for half price. Just checked, $98 for the set plus hoses, shipped. I'm OK with that. I wouldn't have said no to a sweet Bolex though...

John Branch and Metalhead like this.