1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You know what DMG needs in the Speed broadcasts?

Discussion in 'General' started by styles, Jun 23, 2009.

1. chrison600

chrison600 Well-Known Member

and ^

LOL x 2

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

[​IMG]

3. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Creamer and Russell are the best combo I've seen covering AMA roadracing yet.

Creamer actually knows who the people are, and can pronounce their names without having to look up their numbers on the roster. He seems to have a better appreciation for MOTORCYCLE racing in general than Diffy, who's experience in Indy Car and F1 don't mean squat. The other thing is that Creamer actually has some enthusiasm, he seems like a real road racing fan, like he actually watches it for fun on his own time and has a real interest in the outcome beyond the fact that calling the race is a paycheck.

Creamer would have been a much better choice to call the WSBK action at Miller instead of Ralph Sheheen who doesn't know a Ten Kate from a Steriligarde from his ass.

And I agree with the OP, posting or even mentioning laptimes would be a big help in providing more info as to what's going on on-track. They can't mention everyone's name every lap, but they can mention who had the fastest lap, or what the gap is between the leaders and is it growing, decreasing, etc. WSBK coverage seems to focus on this quite a bit and it helps.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I guess somebody should notify Russ Wikle (WHY-CULL) to change his name pronunciation then...and for what it's worth, we obviously aren't gonna agree on your man Creamer, and I call him "your man" because you seem to know a lot more about him than a casual TV watcher. I still don't think it should have been so hard to see Garrett Carter, who they had just spent several laps mentioning, lying on the side of the track, I mean, I saw it and I was watching from my sofa at home! :up:

(It's a thankless job for those TV guys...)

5. Or mention that he wasn't on the grid for the next race. Don't need the life story, but he is a AMA pro racer, who was injured. Might be worth mentioning. Room for improvement, I guess.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The really scary part is that somewhere in the one on the left is a thong.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

(I'm not saying this out loud but) The DMG broadcast quality is getting better, dare I say it's now damn good.

Too bad it'll be on on Sunday at midnight and I'm not buying a TVR to catch it.

I still hate the rolling starts but I'm not calling for armed revolution. for now. :D

8. You should get one, they are pretty sweeet!!!

[​IMG]

9. speeddemon828

speeddemon828 casual user

the one all the way to the right ain't too bad!

what? I'm just sayin.:eek:

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I said COWBELL, not [​IMG]

11. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I still say they need WSMC's David Kay to do the play-by-play announcing.

12. danch

danch Well-Known Member

Diffey's done WSBK in the past.

13. 713

713 Well-Known Member

They need to talk about what mph they carry through different corners and on the straights. My boss, who is not into motorcycles, watched a race on speed and was curious about that. He thought that would make it more interesting to watch.