1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can get anything you want...

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

It's also a movie!
    Among the cast members:
    • William Obanhein as himself – Officer Obie
    • James Hannon as himself – the blind judge

[​IMG]

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

If it helps I seem to remember some fun motocross action in the movie.

Attached Files:

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ha, I’ve never heard of this either.

brex likes this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Riding on the City of New Orleans.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Illinois Central Monday morning rail...

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

This, as a Thanksgiving song, is no better than "American Pie" as the closing song for your HS proms. Buncha long-winded, dronie-assed vocals about who the fuck knows what.

@Gorilla George, you explaining why you don't know wtf is going on is the only acceptable level of ignorance and, in your case, it truly is bliss. Trust me, you don't want to know wtf is being passed off as essential information from today's outlets. You'd uppercut yourself just to remain unconscious of the actual ignorance and stupidity.
    And, should we ever meet, please knock me the fuck out first. :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The day the music died....

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Don't listen to it, you'll hate it.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Only the best American rocker ever.....Buddy Holly.

10. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Fifteen cars and fifteen restless riders ...

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The guy from the Weezer song?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The guy from the 60s-themed restaurant in Pulp Fiction.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Three conductors, and twenty-five sacks of mail.

14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

can you imagine one person walking in, and singing a bar of Alices Resturant, and walkin out? they would think they were crazy. cant you imagine 2 people, two, in harmony....

15. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Funny story, when I was working evenings, the radio DJ of the classic rock station I listened to, had a tape. He would play this tape every evening when he went to lunch. It consisted of 2 songs. Alices' restaurant and In A Gadda Da Vida. I heard it every night for about a year!:crackup:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what? You asked me to list my top 10 most hated songs, this opus of drizzling shit would be on it.

gawd, I hate this song, hippies and classic rock (even if my music is now that).

17. :crackup:

I mainly just want to quote this to make sure it is captured. That way I can come back later and tell everyone "He asked for it". :D

fastfreddie, auminer and skidooboy like this.
  18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I have a better on for you. Legend of the USS Titanic by Jaime Brockett. It's like Alice's Restaurant on amphetamines.
    I PM'd the link to you. For the rest of you, the YouTube thread has the link.

19. Who is that?

20. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

LOL my youngest son, 30, and I were talking about the Thanksgiving tradition of this 1967 anthem of the early anti war-hippie- acid rock- folk singer era, and I laughingly discovered that at one time you had to be really really young to get this song (and it’s Stoner, free associating, run-on sentence- talking blues syntax), and now, you’ve got to be really, really old. I was on the really really old side of the coin, explaining this song to my kid, when this occurred to me, and I remembered trying to explain it to my dad when I was 18.

And my son, who graduated with a degree in music composition before he became a lawyer, offered the thought that every 10 years or so a big new musical genre comes along that renders hopelessly outdated and passé everything that came before— at least 5 big rollovers of popular music style since Arlo’s talking blues about Alice and the 8x10 glossies came out in 1967, and if anything the 10 year gaps are getting much shorter—30 year olds are now hopelessly out of date musically to 24 year olds, and each generation stays stuck in time with its own outdated tunes.

And I guess that means you can hate on this song, and still be hopelessly out of date, and not even know it. Exceptin’ Alice.

auminer likes this.