1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yoshimura SERT.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Triple X, Shocker and Newyork like this.
  2. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

❤️❤️❤️ FB_IMG_1604161173057.jpg

jd41, Triple X, cpettit and 4 others like this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Oh my...

Screw all you Zuk naysayers...:D

roy826ex likes this.
  5. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Between the current GP standings and this, I'd be inclined to believe 'Toe is somewhere fapped into unconsciousness.

Circacee and 418 like this.
  6. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

Good Lord please bring yosh to wsbk.....pleeeeeeease

Shocker, RRP and ShadowBoxer like this.
  7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i would totally use this color scheme for my next bike

roy826ex likes this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's not even BNG. It's always some recycled version of the billboard with the stupid lettering down the bike.
    Try something new and good looking, sheesh.

9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Holly shit!

saw it on IG very nice!

Most impressive thing is the exhaust which they do very well.

10. roy826ex

what! Go get a real job:rolleyes:

11. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

What is the can welded on the mid pipe, just below the leg?

12. roy826ex

Yea what is that?

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

How about the cheese graters on the stand? What are they really?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wheel guides with a shit ton of holes drilled into the Ti to lighten them and also, make them them look cool as all f@ck. They do look cool don't they? :D

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Looks like a Helmholtz resonator.

Newyork likes this.
  16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Had to google that one . If that’s what it is , how does possible change to sound frequency help performance wise ? What am I missing ?

17. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Not exactly sure what the application is here. However, I have spotted similar components on other WSBK's lately. (testing pictures) It is also used in car racing a lot. Especially in the NA F1 era. Could be anything from sensor interference from vibrations, (noise pollution) The vibrations could also be causing exhausts to crack.

I think some of the WSBK Ducati's have actually switched to Inconel over Titanium to potentially help with this. The exhausts look like Inconel to me. I have experience with welding both. Inconel handles vibrations a bit better that Ti, and is slightly stronger at same wall thickness. S you can use thinner wall.. Downside to using Inconel is that it's expensive and an absolute son of a bitch to weld sometimes.. (weld bead is very strange, sort of like Ti, but not as easy to read the bead as your moving along..)

I'm only guessing at the fact that the Duc's may be using it because it looks different after all those heat cycles that what a Ti exhaust would look like. It has a straw/hay color instead of bluing. Inconel is not as reactive as Ti so it wont color as much. That's why its used in aerospace.

All the GP bikes are for sure using Inconel. (look at the GSX RR system)

Honda S2000's have been known to crack the shit out of Ti exhaust systems because of the weird vibration frequency that F20/F22 series engine produces. I have repaired plenty of them, and have thought to put a helmholtz resonator in one, but I couldn't get any customers to bite. they just wanted it fixed. I mostly just wanted to see if I could get the math right.

Could even be rider preference in this case.. (Dani Pedrosa was known to NOT use exhausts because he hated how they sound) Especially if it's an endurance bike.

I could be wrong.

Newyork and motoracer1100 like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not all is great in Suzukiland. Reading they are pulling out of the IDM (German superbike series).

19. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Could it be they are trying to concentrate their efforts to create a Balls Out WSBK team??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I tried understanding the IDM series but my German is getting worse and worse. I think they require you to pay to support the IDM if you race in the series. So, not only do you have the cost of racing, you have the cost of propping up the series org.

Like I said, my German is getting worse but it reads like a house of cards. They lose one manufacturer (and their cash) the entire series risks collapse.