1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yo, team Yo!

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by gixxernaut, May 16, 2012.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Point taken :crackup: :)

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Cheater!

That would make me corner low and go faster!:beer:

You were smokin' dude! Thanks for saving your fast laps for when I'm not racin' you!

Who you callin' Moe???:D
    Damn George; we didn't get any hang time at Rd Atlanta. Why didn't you come by and say hi? You know I'm too old to walk all the way to your pit!

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yeah, I sorta felt the same way, seemed like I stayed busy the whole weekend. I did a lot of wrenching on the SV Saturday and Sunday and didn't do much visiting with my peeps, which in retrospect was kinda stupid. I could wrench all I like after I get the bike home. Can't visit the peeps except at the track. Dumbass. If I was planning on actually riding it either of those days it would have made sense.

However as part of the wrenching, Tuna installed the captive spacers in my "gamer" wheels, so tire changes should require considerably less profanity in the future. I also (finally) replaced the speedo-hub sensor with a simple spacer to make that part of tire changes more tolerable as well.

The Peace Beast was a bit under the weather throughout the endurance race, as the tach and low-fuel warning light weren't working. Also it had a hitch in the throttle caused by an improperly routed clutch cable that was just enough of an annoyance to be ... well ... annoying. Probably also added to the fatigue. Finally the shift lever was not adjusted very well from my last round of repairing it. You just about had to pull your left knee into your chest to shift up, which was fatiguing to me. My left leg was really rebelling against shifting as my hour of track time neared its conclusion.

None of this is meant as an excuse for being handily spanked by Yo, just rambling about some of the stuff I was trying to address with all that wrenching. There were other things I did as well.

5. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Although undermaintenanced the Beast was, its surprisingly fast! I caught the Beast exiting turn 7 with it quickly leaving the Kinetic paint shaker in a very loud stinky cloud of exhaust! I was also admiring the heavy duty exhaust hanger that seems could be the only part the wouldn't bend if the bike had experienced a crash!

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

LMAO I owe someone/something $50 regardless of my exhausted efforts in the Endurance race. lmao I promise to sleep more before the next race.

That bike is a beast itself...just not so peaceful. It is surprisingly quick for how beat she is. lol It was a blast.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I have an excuse as well, the toe I broke last Thanksgiving is still giving me fits. The toenail is finally growing back in but it's doing it wrong, 2 weeks ago or so I had to go to the foot doc and he trimmed the right side because it was ingrown. After Roebling the other side started it, which I have not had fixed yet. That's why I was wearing one of Rob's boots on the left foot, it was a bigger size and the toe box was harder. Still missed every other shift because I was trying to shift with the top of my foot instead of the toe. I gave up after 45 minutes, the number just had a nice ring to it. :D

8. gixxernaut

:crackup: That's it, I'm filing a protest. You're not allowed to run an oversized boot on your shifter toe except in trophy class. Where's them damn protest forms?!?

Seriously, I hope the toe gets back fit. I've had intone grownails in my big toes and it's no picnic.

9. gixxernaut

Very kind words regarding my humble efforts at engine rebuilding. It was a skeeter killin', smoke belching one-cylinder paperweight with a blown piston in 2009. That winter I rebuilt only what was necessary and reassembled. I've been pleasantly surprised with the results. We've now run 6 four hour endurance races and 1 six hour along with 14 weekends of either sprints or trackdays on this engine. It has held up very well. I have one sitting in my trailer I'm going to start rebuilding probably this week to get it ready for the day the current one decides that's all it can stand.

I may lose the occasional exhaust can, but that hanger will still be bolted up when the sun burns out.

[​IMG]