1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeti cuts ties to NRA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by noeyes, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Interesting concept...my local favorite hardware store is big on Yeti stuff. I'd never buy that over priced crap but I am aware of it being there. I wonder what the store manager's reaction would be when I tell him to dump the Yeti stuff in protest to the Yeti/NRA conflict? My area is more Pro 2nd than most....

weber#465 and XFBO like this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The controversy has probably netted the NRA more members than the discounts ever did.

3. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because I live in a part of the country where hunters and shooters live and they are huge Yeti supporters. Not supporting a shooting based charity will absolutely get their attention and will absolutely change their buying choices.

So you were in a ridiculously liberal area and saw them buying a popular name brand product. Um, duh? :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure they are - but I'm also sure they don't have the money or manpower or support to do the thousands of calls and emails in the period of time you mentioned to get the companies to do their overreaction. They reacted to the perceives problem due to media coverage. Sad since a lot of them get screwed by the media being wrong regularly.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The conclusions drawn in the report don't match the reasons the companies gave in the list in the same report. Even with the author claiming most did so due to complaints.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

The thing of it is, the companies are stating it’s in response to consumer complaints but I would argue that the overwhelming level of complaints originate from the anti gun protesters than from their actual core consumers. I’m sure there is a cross over of both but it would be very hard for me to believe that Dicks is receiving a lot of complaints from the their core customer base, simuler with Yeti. 。

Wells Fargo is an evil company so they can suck it regardless. :crackup:

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

More likely it is the head of the company that came from elitist schools rather than from those they claim to serve. After all they know what is good for you and are not above forcing it on you.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Anyone else get an email flyer from the NRA this morning with a Yeti cooler pictured as one of their 7 prizes??? LOL!

I mean, I realize they probably have an inventory to unload but damn.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think the difference is that I knowingly qualify my observations as anecdotal whereas you seem to think yours translate into a larger data set :p

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They should paint targets on the sides of them and invite their members to "unload". :D

XFBO likes this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

This reminds me....time to renew....Thanks Yeti.:crackup:

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Maybe they're full of tannerite?

14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Not related, just intel from the field: Apparently when Yeti has production defects there are extremely tight scrap controls so nothing escapes the facility. They don't want someone walking around with a defective cooler that someone thinks cost $1,000 with the name Yeti molded into it.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't say a number of customers they would lose due to the decision did I? I said it was a bad marketing decision. For a company that was selling to hunters and shooters it is a bad marketing decision. Those who they appease will not buy enough product to offset the loss of the hunters alone. Anecdotal? Of course. Doesn't make me wrong...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Building the brand image is their main focus, has to be to charge what they do. Lose the cool factor and they're screwed. Just like happened to Oakley, still expensive but they're in line with other decent shades now.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The fact that RTIC posted the 2nd amendment on their facebook page this morning is quite amusing to me.

GixxerBlade and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They would be foolish not to take advantage of a gift like this.

19. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I under stand that. But in this industry...Things walk off the line if they are cool. It's difficult to control that without some tight reject processes.

20. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Think of the children!!