1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeti cuts ties to NRA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by noeyes, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

First, everyone keep their shirt on. Most of the companies that have abandoned the NRA will eventually come back and reestablish connections. Presently it is all about public perception so let those companies bend over backwards to convince the anti-gunners that they are disassociating themselves with those nasty "guns". As far as I'm concerned, Yeti can go kiss a pig because their products are outrageously overpriced to begin with so I don't care if they shut down completely to appease the anti-gunners. :)

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Second; Fuck them "coming back"... in or out... you can not sit a straddle the fence and have it both ways.
    They are either For or Against The 2nd Amendment.

aaronson, RRP, BHP41 and 3 others like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I recall reading that Delta's program had very few people taking advantage of the discount. I would not be surprised if most of those discontinuing the discounts checked, saw the usage was low to non-existent and are simply virtue signaling for dollars.

Orvis likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, as do truly bad marketing decisions like this.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is there documentation of these thousands of calls and emails daily anywhere? Or is it a perceived pressure on the companies?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I doubt a lot of the sticker people care about the NRA as much as looking cool :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's my guess.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If they wanted to look cool they'd have kept their OAKLEY Thermonuclear Protection windshield stickers. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different generation but yep :D

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck you! Everyone still rolls in their 1986 Z-24 Cavaliers with day-glo triple wipers! :crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I did try double wipers once, they sucked. New gen silicone is so much nicer - and not as tacky looking :D

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dunno, but a big fat *69 sticker will be going over the logo on the cooler.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I am thinking it won't be to cool to be seen as an Anti 2nd ..... but then again I do see the idjits with the Coexist shit oh and the "I'm With Her"....

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Without knowing any facts about them or their customer data, how would you know it’s a bad marketing decision?

Anecdotally, was at the store in Austin yesterday and that shit was flying off the shelves.

16. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

17. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

That's not what was said in the report. I would agree if it were only Delta, but it's a lot larger than the alphabet people taking on Chick-Fil-A.

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yeti will be sold at Toys R Us this time next year.

See what I did there?

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

True but timing matters. Even if their intent was not to boycott the NRA due to the camera hogg it will be perceived as a such. For them not to consider that says they either did intend to submit to the children or are stupid.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not all "coexist" stickers are the same... I have this one on my Ford:

[​IMG]

sharkattack, BHP41, Britt and 3 others like this.