1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, no or maybe? I've narrowed it down to this one

Discussion in 'General' started by masshole, Jun 16, 2015.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Yes, I know- another truck question/ thread.

I've read most of the truck threads here in the last few years but this is a what exactly do you think about THIS truck. Love anything in blue so don't even bother going there :beer:

I'm not getting a dually, do not need it and I'm sure about that.

32 pics and all specs here:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/636354853/overview/#1

Please, comment on specs, price, equipment etc.

Thank you

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I like the blue.

....as this costs almost as much as my house I have no basis for further opinions.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Got the okay from the mrs and I'm going all in before she changes her mind.

4. ton

ton Arf!

commentary on the specs necessitates an understanding of what you're using it for. if you're pulling a harbor freight 4X8, then that thing is nothing more than an exceedingly ineffective blue penis extender.

5. MatthewS

MatthewS Well-Known Member

Shame you aren't local, I'm the I.T. Manager for a Dodge/Ram/Chrysler/Jeep company and could help you out for sure. And even tell you the cost at which the dealer got it for. I'll also say that is much more than I could ever dream of spending on a vehicle so I have no real useful information to add.

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I have an enclosed 7' x 18 aluminum trailer for the bikes but would like to go with a bigger enclosed (more of a car hauler trailer).

Eventually I'll talk her into a 5th wheel toyhauler but the time is not wright yet.

I have a car and this truck won't be my sole means of transportation btw.

7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Could you pm me with what you think a fair otd number would be for both me and the dealer. :beer:

8. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Just bought the same truck (except a 2500) in all white in April. Absolutely love it. Mine has a few options that one doesn't, but I don't have a sunroof. Got mine OTD a bit cheaper than the price showing there, so there should be some room to work if you haven't gotten them lower already.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If you're going to buy a big diesel truck, why not buy the biggest? That means a long bed duelly. I know you said no, but you also said you had a 5th wheel in your future. A fifth wheel is so much nicer on a duelly AND unless you know for sure what payload you will be pulling you won't be so limited by a SRW.

Trust me on this. I bought an '11 F350 SRW only to trade up to a '13 dually when the Mrs wanted a nicer 5th wheel. As this was the deal to make the track trips acceptable I was all in. It cost me a minor fortune but happy wife = happy life.

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I've thought hard about going with a dually. We just moved from South Boston to Watertown (burbs but very near the city).
    Yes, I'm okay behind the wheel- I've had a cdl license for almost 10 years now.
    A long bed dually would mean that I can only drive my truck when going to the track and/ or out of town. I kinda want a truck that I can roll in around town a little too.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Totally understand:D

12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Why are floor mats muddy as hell. Only has 12 miles on it or am missing something?

Ride safe,
    AAron

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sweet:up:

14. JT899L1

JT899L1 Active Member

Better check the gears on that. I'm pretty sure they come stock with 3.42. My 2500 did. If you plan on getting a 5th wheel, you're gonna want at least 3.73.

15. omatter34

Pretty sure that SRW 2015s are only available with 3.42s.

16. JT899L1

JT899L1 Active Member

You can get a 3.73 or 4.10 as a dealer installed option.

17. omatter34

Tried building one online and anything other than the 3.42 defaults to either the DRW or the gas motor.

18. JT899L1

JT899L1 Active Member

Yeah it won't let you build it online. The dealership service department installs after you buy the truck and they add it to the build sheet of the truck and becomes a factory option covered by warranty. I was going to do this with my 2500 but opted to go with a dually with 4.10 gears.

19. omatter34

Interesting to hear that. All the research I did and never heard that. Dealer never mentioned it as an option and nobody on the forums (at least that I read) knew about it either. So, I ended up with a 2500 and 3.42s. Fine for my current toy hauler either way though.

20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I hate my Ram, but if was buying another one I'd go to Arrigo http://www.arrigoftpierce.com/index.htm

Go through their website and see if you can save some coin. They have 3 stores and a ton of inventory.