1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yep... She Honks!

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Dec 6, 2022.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Life is so much better when you deal with good people like Gorilla George/ Chris Broome .

Sent a friend/ transporter guy up to get the Jag. He got there Sunday. Not only did Broome take time out of his Sunday to meet the guy, He also drove it into the trailer. ( driver was a little nervous ) LOL.

Yesterday morning I get the call that He's back so I have him drop my trailer and the car at my house. He brings the keys to my shop. I'm looking at these f'n keys and getting nothing done, so I go home at lunch to see/unload the car. Broome had to climb out the window to get out after he loaded it. Well I guess I need to hit the gym cause there wasn't any way I was going that route. I climbed through the back hatch and got it out of the trailer. :clap:OMG this thing sounds amazing!! Sadly, I had to get back to work so my test drive would have to wait till later.

So after work I rush home, go to put the tag on and......NO SCREWS. (hopefully they're clanking around in someone's dryer) :crackup:I said F it and went to the parts store w/o the tag on to get some tag screws. Then, I found some back roads and let her eat. This mf'er is fuggin serious. I will have to really take it easy because it will effortlessly earn you some bracelets in a hurry.

Anyways BIG THANKS to @Gorilla George for making this easy and accurately describing the car.:beer:

Spooner, motion, 418 and 18 others like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He's a good guy for a pain in the ass. :crackup:

Steeltoe, YamahaRick, noles19 and 2 others like this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Awesome ride and you know it was well taken care of.

wsmc42, YamahaRick, BC and 1 other person like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Very nice! That needed to stay in the WERA Family.

Congrats on your lightly used new vehicle!

Gorilla George and BC like this.
  5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well if she ain't honkin, she's hikin. :cool:

Gorilla George, BigBird and BC like this.
  6. Shit! My bad dude. I almost forgot to remove the tag. I pulled back in the driveway and took it off real quick, and didn’t even think about you needing the screws. That’s on me. I can PayPal you for the screws.

But other than that, I am SO glad you like it. It is definitely a serious machine and one of the best sounding vehicles I have ever had the pleasure of driving. And the best part is, it isn’t “all bark and no bite”, it not only sounds good, it hauls some serious ass.

I really loved that SVR. I was sad when I walked away. But it makes me happy knowing it went to someone that appreciates it and will enjoy it like I did.

I always trade in vehicles because I figure selling will be a hassle. But it wasn’t at all. You were super easy to deal with; it was a good experience. I’m now glad I didn’t trade it in.

Enjoy dude.

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a fun car. Pricey but smiles per mile makes it all worth-while.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I had to break a $1 for the screws LOL. I thought it was funny and it kept me driving civil through town to get to the parts store so no worries. :beer:

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  9. And yes, it sucked ass climbing out of the window. :crackup:

I wanted to pull it in the trailer because I “know” the car. I can put it on a dime. But then I got it inside and was like “Umm, how the hell do I get out???

But climbing out wasn’t the worst part. The worst parts were having to put finger smudge prints on it when climbing out, and then leaving the window down. I never drove with the windows down because I was scared the new car smell might go away.

I thought about closing the window via the Jaguar app (you need to download that, it is how you remote start, lock, etc). But then I thought “If he doesn’t have the app, and the trunk can’t open without hitting the roof, he won’t be able to get in”.

BigBird likes this.
  10. I wish I could have seen the look on your face when you first started the engine. I can still remember the first time I started it (heard it), I was like “Holy shit….”

BigBird likes this.
  11. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Did it have more than a gallon of gas in it? :crackup:

vfrket, YamahaRick, ChemGuy and 2 others like this.
  12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad about the smudges, I added lots more unstrapping it. She's gonna get a good cleaning this weekend.

You've talked about how it sounds but I had no idea it would be like that.:D

First thing I had to figure out was how to stop it from shutting off at the lights. Then, how to change the interior lights to red. Pretty sure they will be red most of the time.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It was almost full!!

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You two need to get a room, or just schedule a get together in the back of the jag.

Spooner, Banditracer, 5axis and 5 others like this.
  15. Yep, that’s always the first things I did…put it in “Dynamic” and then hit the “A” with the circle around it.

Dynamic also opens the exhaust bypass by default.

If you leave it in Comfort (blue) and you want the better sound, you’ll have to manually select the exhaust bypass (the button with the exhaust tips on it).

16. I thought about using the app to start the engine and honk the horn and shit, to make you think it is haunted or maybe throwing a fit about leaving me. :D

Shenanigans, BC and BigBird like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

C-section on the trailer. That baby is coming out TODAY!

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Chris Section?

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

But we're there cases of water in the back????

YamahaRick and Gorilla George like this.
  20. BTW, you’ve got 226mi of fuel range remaining, service is due in 6,994mi, and you need to add a couple psi of air in the right front tire. :D

Ok, I’m done now. I’ll delete the app. :D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    Phl218, YamahaRick, 650 RACER and 4 others like this.