1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow Plates and kill switch question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by McGixxer, Feb 13, 2012.

1. McGixxer

McGixxer Well-Known Member

Is it okay to just make my novice yellow number plate out of rows of Yellow tape? It won't look great up close, but I'm thinking it will be okay until I can get the bike over to the Vynal shop in 2 weeks.

Does my bike have to have a kill switch? Right now it has a keyed ignition and a starter button. To turn the bike off you have to move the key to the off position. Is this sufficient?

2. ton

ton Arf!

yes. yellow duct tape works just fine. with magic marker numbers :)

must have a kill switch

chapter 8, section 2
    g) All racebikes must have an operating and marked engine kill switch on the handlebars. Dead man tethers are allowed and are suggested.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kill switch on the bar is important sorry. Doesn't have to be a stock one but has to exist for the corner workers if you fall down.

4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Believe a lot of the guys here are using a kill switch for a newer Honda CBR model. It's just a two screw kill switch that you clamp to the bar and wire up.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it becomes important when your bike cartwheels multiple times and it becomes apparent that the key was not meant to be a load-bearing structure. Mine snapped off.

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I did an entire bike using that idea. Looked pretty good.

7. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

RTFRB

:rolleyes:

n00b

:Poke:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012