1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YEC ECU + Software CD

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Taki, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, are the cd's interchangeable or specific to the ecu? I ask because I misplaced mine and am having a hard time finding it. Any help here would be appreciated.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Mostly interchangeable. Newer ones have legacy to older versions. It's quite simple software.

3. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I havn't been able to find anywhere online to purchase the software. Can you send me a link?

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not purchaseable. Someone should be able to ship you a CD.

5. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

What year? I've got the files for '08 to '11.

Hey RM, what year did the R6 change to the faster/better ecu? Wasn't it 2012? Do you know whether the '08 to '11 yec software works with that processor too? Asking just in case Taki has a "newer than mine" model.

6. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

It's an 09.

It's an 09. Is this something that we can send over the web or will a cd be needed? Either is greatly appreciated.

7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

2012 was when the ECU changed for the R6

8. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

I can hook you up as well if you still need.

9. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

The YEC files for different years are saved on my other laptop. Also have my original '09 disk too. I used to be able to transfer the files over an FTP, but I let that subscription lapse many years ago. I don't remember how big the files are, I'll have to check, but maybe I can use DropBox. I'll have to see whether they allow executable programs to be transferred. Otherwise, I'll just burn a disk and send it to you. If ARK can get it to you easier, then by all means hit him up for it too.

10. racerhead

racerhead Trackaholic

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If anyone needs a YEC box. I still have one, that supposedly has the settings from Graves in it. Now a days it probably doesn't matter, as I imagine the good settings are widely known. My son raced a 08, 09 and a 10, I think so I guess it is the older one?

12. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Hmm. By chance, do you also have the harness to go with the box? I've got a B bike that I've always wanted to make a mirror of my A bike.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I bought it without the harness. I had a stick harness that was modded to work, but. I think that went with my 2 bikes I sold.

14. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, thanks for the information and the support to get me what I need. I have sorted out a local option.

Keep your feet on your pegs, and your right hand cranked.