1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yay Vintage Racing!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Happytrack604, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Happytrack604

Happytrack604 Well-Known Member

I just thought I'ld post SOMETHING here before Mongo shuts this down for lack of use. I'm a vintage racer (42 years old), But I race a 89 GS500e with a 95 engine in vintage 5. Yes I do feel guilty, but I get beat all the time, and the GS technology is vintage so,what the hay! I was building an 86 Cagiva 650 Pantah to race, but it just insisted on becoming a cafe style street machine. I do apprecieate all you die hard purists with the Matchlesses, Ducatti, Triumphs,Hondas, and even the brave souls on the RD's. Seeing thease machines, and smelling them, and hearing them, and fighting them on the track has been better than any trip to Disney world or Nasa could ever be! God bless you all, and see you at VIR and the GNF! Rob Church #604

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Look forward to meeting you at VIR. I'm the vintage racer on a Honda in black leathers. [​IMG]

-Jens #415

3. Greg_Gabis

Greg_Gabis Well-Known Member

I'll second that Happytrack!

I raced an '89 GS with a '94 motor in V5 some last year. She's pretty much endurance only now.

I have an SRX that I run in V4 now, plus some modern classes too.

I really enjoy seeing all the different types of bikes from "back in the day". I hope to get to an event with more attendance than the North Central stuff someday.

The sportsmanship of my fellow vintage competitors is second to none!

4. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

you guys should all get old gsxrs like me and we could all not get to go to the awards presentation together then! lol. congrats to everyone that made it to road a. rob wigdorski.

5. RICKY LOVE

RICKY LOVE Well-Known Member

Hey Diesel, I'm bringing my little VF back to TGPR at the end of Aug. now that my knee is almost better. How's it going for you? Hope to you guys soon. Rick

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Hey Ricky.

I see you survived your honeymoon.

Life is a breeze from here on in. You'll wonder why you didn't get married sooner as you click the tuner to watch the 5 hour Speedvision motorcycle special after just having come back from an all day ride with the Hooters umbrella squad.

Hey wait a minute, didn't you also close on a house just recently? Thank god there's plenty of time during the work week for mowing the lawn not to mention the usual cleaning/maintenance chores. You'll remember all the griping your parents, aunts and uncles did and laugh while wondering what all the fuss was about.

What about kids? Is there a bun in the oven yet? Boy I tell ya, their gift of self sufficiency is way too underated. When they start showing up it seems as though you've been given a lifelong vacation. You'll soon have so much time you won't know what to do with yourself.

Well, it was nice knowing you. [​IMG]

7. still novice

still novice Guest

8. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

9. still novice

still novice Guest

I think Bob will have his SR ready to go by Sept as well. I just want to get couple of races with WERA in this year and will get more serious about the WERA Vintage next season. BTW, wait till you see the new paint job!

10. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

At Summit Point we have no attendance problems, unfortunately. There are always 12-15 racers in my classes. It's a drag when you can't do better than third at your home track.

Fred

11. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Hey Fred,

I didn't know you were at RA. I once again missed the opportunity to meet you. Are you going to make it to VIR?

12. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Zens,

Where were you pitted. I was in the center of the skidpad area. Yes my last two races this season before the GNF will be at VIR. I'm doing ok in our little Mid-Atlantic championship, so those are the events I'll finish the season off at, before the GNF. I think I had the only TD-3 at the event. Easy to spot. Looks like an early TZ with a short little seat.

Hope to meet you at VIR. I need some coaching for RA. By the way, I was really happy you won your race, When we meet I'll tell you why. LOL

Ciao,

Fred

13. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I was pitted with Steve-O, Eric, Ake, Buff and Mike. I guess you were right behind Tom B. and Matt P. with the other two-strokes.

Oh well, I'll keep an eye for you at VIR.

14. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Exactly 180 degrees from Matt P on the circle. See you at VIR.

Ciao,

Fred

15. RICKY LOVE

RICKY LOVE Well-Known Member

Hey Diesel, married life's good. New house is good. No buns yet. I think I'll wait a couple of years before I "plan" any of those. I need to not get hurt again to stay in out of the "dog house". Good luck and see you later. Rick

16. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

17. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

Hey Fred, your no slouch at Summit Point. Your in First Place in the Mid Atlantic Championship Series by one point,leading the likes of Stan Lipert, Buff Harsh and Chris Marshall. It was fun to see ya at Road A. I hope your planning to be at VIR for the Championship.

18. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

I sure will.

Ciao,

Fred