1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 210 FSH boat. ???

Discussion in 'General' started by Bugslayer, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

$$$$$

But agreed.

2. A tri with a 250 is actually quite a useful boat for where I live. There’s a few around with 250’/ 300’s that have a small kicker motor on the back for just tootaling around and keep the hours off the big one. I’ve been looking for a deck boat for the family. Found a nice searay sundeck but it was gone by the time I got to the owners house. Lots of boats will come up for sake soon around here. Key is finding one that someone is just done with being on the lake and paying for a lake house they use 3x a year.

ducnut likes this.
  3. ducnut likes this.
  4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dang. That’s an awesome boat at not too bad of a price.

ducnut likes this.
  5. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

That is a nice looking boat and price is right in there.
    I'm in Idaho, unfortunately.
    I didn't see a trailer mentioned in the add either. Lots of good info to consider from you guys, thanks for the input!

ducnut likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Definitely. Those big motors can really push a pontoon and make for a nice boat. And, that industry has come a long way from the basic stuff that used to be the only offering in that segment.

Love the painted pontoons and cohesive appearance.
    B52C2EA2-E47A-4B4E-A5A1-930F93909C89.jpeg

Imagine this with 7 Marine power.
    15968531-0A03-4009-900B-38E89CE9FD4B.gif

7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

8. Crest makes some really nice quality ones. Look up LOTO shootout pontoon. I saw it last year in person. Believe it was 103

ducnut likes this.
  9. That was literally 1st boat I saw and grabbed the link to show you the idea of what I was talking about. There’s tons of them and tons more. You can also get a boat shipped on a flatbead, trailer and all for 800-1500 depending on distance.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

One of my buddies bought a 210 FSH brand new. He keeps it on a boat lift in Melbourne, FL, so Saltwater through and through. His biggest complaint is that the sargasso weed jams up the intake and every few hours he has to get under it and pull the weeds out, or the speed just drops off to where the boat won't plane off anymore. There is some type of trap door setup for cleaning the drives, but it's not convenient.

He's had it 2 years and uses it more than his fancy Fountain with 3 Merc outboards, no problems yet. He loves the boat. Just my 2cents.

Bugslayer likes this.
  11. Good real,world feedback but we don’t appreciate that, we prefer opinion and speculation only :)

Gino230, Sabre699, Bugslayer and 2 others like this.
  12. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I've never had my AR240 in saltwater but I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Yamaha actually pushes it for use in saltwater. I know the fresh water flush valve couldn't be more convenient to hookup to. Do the maintenance and I'd bet it would work flawlessly.

Bugslayer and Canadian Bacon like this.
  13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Get a Yamaha outboard, 2 engines are better than 1, they don't have to be high horsepower, super reliable. Everybody knows how to work on them and parts are easily available in Mexico. Also you won't have to dive under your boat to cut out something the jets sucked up.

ducnut likes this.
  15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I've only sucked something into one of my ports one time in 6 years. All I have to do is open the lid on the stern, pop out the plug, clear whatever is in there, and be on my way. No diving under boat. They designed it to clear any grass, bags, or anything else you might suck up.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

In that case...

[​IMG]

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is as seaworthy as a 24' Zodiac.

17. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Cool that they fixed that problem, salt has a way of destroying everything it touches and is a constant battle. No matter what anybody claims. Have you had your boat in the ocean for long periods??? Jet drives are more work a pain in the ass with more things to break, plain and simple. Ask the engineer of this Italian boat I worked on with 3 mtus, 450 gallons an hour at 31 kts on a 120 was fun, then fix it, lucky I just cook food isa.jpg

TLR67 and ducnut like this.
  18. No more or this real world data please. Speculation and “what you’ve heard” only :) I’ve been in a couple in freshwater (Lake Rabun) and they are darn fun. They need to make an alum river boat with some sort of system that blocks out trash. It would sell.

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If you have any interest in any new Whaler or a Crest hit me up.those are 2 of the 9 we distribute..I work for the Distributor here in Georgia. www.marinemax.com

Best to email me at [email protected]