1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y'all got toddlers?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The 3-year-old got a Stacyc e12 yesterday. After one day, I’m sending it off to a CarrMoto for some suspension work. Kiddo’s already on the gas through turns and just about dragging pegs. We’ll up the speed tomorrow.

I wish I’d gotten one sooner. Now, the bigger kids all want one but alas, they’re too big, even for the e16.

Anyone have any experience with a KTM SX-E 5? We’ve got plenty of property for those antics with a grooved-in CRF100 circuit.

A3739891-EFD0-4E7B-8660-15F51FBE39F4.jpeg

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Already looking through the turns! Id start her in intermediate group at the track.

3. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

So my 6 year old has been riding these for a year now and my 3 year old just started on his 12”. Got the 6 year old a PW a couple months ago and he sat on it to get used to the weight for a few min and then just took off and had it dialed. No doubt that the stacyc made a huge difference in his learning curve.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Pfft. Kids are soft today. My dad took me to a parking lot with lots of loose gravel, no helmet, and pushed me off.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

my kid has the 16" and already blew the fuse on it. they are not supposed to go on the grass and he loves acceleration. i've been doing low speed drills with him too, he can turn on a dime and look through turns really well.

only mishap that happened was couple weeks back strolling through the neighborhood, it started raining, we agreed to turn around and i stopped to look for him, he came slamming into the dirty bike at full speed looking somewhere else.
    [​IMG]

definitely recommend a full face helmet. the shell only kids helmet won't help the face. the one above is still light, his dirtbike helmet is too heavy for my taste.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking about getting an electric dirtbike for my son. Being able to just throw it in the trunk of a car and go anywhere are the biggest appeals. We could also poach trails where the cops would be called if you used gas.

I think maximizing the kid’s seat time is a much bigger factor than anything else. A good 50 is dope but if he or she only uses it twice a month because you have to load a truck and drive to bumfuck Egypt, then I don’t see how it’s better than an electric you can ride daily even if it technically performs better.

I’d get the Oset though. It seems much more of a serious machine than the stacyc.

Any reliability issues with the Oset?

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think dad was trying to send you a message. :D

backcountryme likes this.
  9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

What kind of kid is that? I’ve got the smallest Z1R on the planet, and little missy’s head is too small for that. I need options.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

you mean helmet?kid's not normal, it's mine :D

BELL - model is "shield" - i't faily large , recommended ages 5-8, but he's got a big noggin.

https://www.dealgenius.com/bell-ful...MIwMfm1MPy6gIVwp-zCh36ZQUoEAQYBSABEgIgdPD_BwE

i also have the next size up, that model is called "drop".