1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ya'll enjoy tally, in August

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by El Skwid!, Aug 14, 2014.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

even unsorted it sure looks good :bow:

TGPR is one of the originals for myself. Its home base for myslef!

Ran it since 1995 :up:

Took my race class there in 95, started raining, I was the only one in the last practice session. I was ready for a MOCK race, no one else would run due to rain....:mad:

Good luck to those who race it!

2. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

sweating is right, supposed to be like 99 this weekend.. :eek:

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1, it's gonna be miserable. Got to remember to load up the fans.

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The Tally August round is traditionally scheduled on the hottest day of the year. I'm thinking that we stand a pretty good chance of getting on the box in the Solo 20 our very first time ever riding our new bike. I expect a bit of attrition.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I have to add, when you are the last one there don't ride around the paddock glaring at those of us who did manage to get there early. You get there late, you get a comparatively sh*tty spot. It's like that at every track.

Look forward to seeing how he does on it. :up:

Boots. Bring boots.

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Exactly, just like going to the movies...:D

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

Next time I'm late to the movies I'm gonna do the slow walk up and down the aisle and glare at all the people with the good seats.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LMAO... I am one of the sit all the way in the back types of fellas.

9. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

TGPR has nice showers :)

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Kith,
    Have you been there since they added the silo? It does have nice showers now. Plenty of hot water and water pressure.

I tried not to look when I used the old shower. :Puke:

11. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:stupid:

Those old showers are...........NASTY!!!

12. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yo Kith!....come on out sat and see for yourself dude!

Your old backup motor will be giving V5 hell!....unfortunatley, it wont be at my hands. I sold the bike to a young friend who is doing rather well. We were discussing you last nite, no BS.

He likes the bike and is fast on it.....come on out and give him some EX pointers man! I'll be there helping him out.....green bike 798.....I'll buy ya a beer.:rock:

Tally is the only track I can easily drive to and back same day, so the showers I have no info on, but the silo Joe mentions is very nice.

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Afraid I won't have anything for him, I'm back on that EX500 of mine for the weekend. I will take any pointers I can get if anyone is offering.

14. CharlieY

Even tho Blake is improving, and has been working on the bike....you handed him his axx last time Kurt!.....something change with your EX? :rolleyes:

My take during our conversations is that he will be happy if he can hang with you alittle better this time. :rock: Yer pretty good on that thing man.

Kiths EX was an awsome bike. He had it sorted well, and I've seen him ride the stink out of it.

Kith recently sold it.....I wonder why we havent seen it at the track this year?

15. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

This was intended as a 'roll call' thread, but I can see how you guys went the other direction.
    1 water, then 1 sport drink, then 1 beer.
    Repeat as necessary.

KK, what up w/ the FZ, spin a bearing?

16. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Dang didn't even realize I hit the 3 button instead of the 4. Oh well maybe you are right, Or it could be the scent in the air. Not so sure. Either way my typing or math was off. :bow:

17. M Aderholdt

M Aderholdt Active Member

The guy that owns it now has been in England this summer. Great bike, just needs someone that can ride it like Kith.....needs a good home

18. CharlieY

Thanx, Its good to hear it found a good home.

You are gonna have a tough time finding someone to ride it like Kith.....that boy can ride! :up:

I hope the owner, or someone gets it out and rides it......anybody could really have some fun on that thing!

You or he should bring it out and just have fun. This aint no MotoGP or anything, just a bunch of guys having some fun with their bikes and going to work monday (IE lets not get stupid)....seriously, bring it out and ride it.....if the desire is to find someone to be more competitive, you'll meet alot of good riders when you have a bike in the pits!

Tell him good luck with the bike, and ride it!:rock:

19. M Aderholdt

M Aderholdt Active Member

All in for RA. V5, V6LW, Clubman.... We camp on upper level, come visit

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Fueling. It runs like crap, it's run like crap ever since I got it. I gave up trying to straighten it and out and took it to Rick and told him to fix it.