1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XT Racing GPS Pro Lap Timer

Discussion in 'Tech' started by G.Rand, Sep 29, 2009.

1. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with this device? I have read a review from another member of another forum that gave it a large "thumbs up" for ease of operation and features. For the price (625.00), should I be considering anything else? Pros and cons?

http://www.xtracing.com/en/gpxpro/index.php

TIA

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

BIG thumbs up. We liked it so much we became a vendor. Easy to plug in, easy to use, no comparable competition in its price range. Very cool to play with.

3. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

i love it. it has helped me out a lot. also if you have any problems out of it all you have to do is give them a call and there are more than helpful to fix it.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Great tool. Do a search as you can find good info here about it.

Can also get you a good deal on one if you need.

5. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

Fantastic. I love mine. The data is very useful. A few buggy quirks when they were first released, but they have had several firmware and studio software updates, and updates are automatic.

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yep, for the price, there is nothing that can compete with it.

7. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I'm confused about some of the functions of it. When reading about the racing modes it says,

"With Instrument Mode, your GPX Pro becomes a fully functional dash and tachometer. With its ultra bright LED tachometer and shift lights, the GPX may even be a suitable replacement for your stock dash. Although the GPX will not record your data in this mode, it can display whatever data you are wired to collect directly on the screen in real-time."

So if you wanted to use the tach with the shift lights etc. it doesn't record data?

8. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

No, that doesn't apply. You will be using it in Circuit mode and can still use the tach, display any data, shift light, etc..

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think Santa is bringing one for Christmas! :beer::clap:

10. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

How many guys have replaced their stock cluster with one of these. PNP? WHat if you happen to have a check engine light??

11. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

On my GSXR, I have it placed over my Tach and Speedo with Velcro. I have it positioned so I can still see my Neutral, Fuel, FI lights and engine temp from the stock gauge cluster.

I use the shift lights, tach and Gear Position on the GPX pro.

12. whizbop

whizbop Member

Same here. Here's a write-up I did on it. http://www.socalmoto.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5019

[​IMG]

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Well I did get it for Christmas like I predicted. I am going to try and set it up tomorrow so I may have many questions. I have an K6 GSXR so any helpful hints would be great. :up:

14. bidwell

bidwell Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this thing can run off the bike's electrical system instead of the internal battery?

15. w00tw00t

w00tw00t Active Member

yes it can .. haven't got mine yetbut I have been reading up on it and it can be hooked up to any standard 12v source.. I plan to hook it up to a switched source like my headlight lead...

16. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

you can go to www.xtracing.com and download the owners manual and all your questions will be answered. :)

17. mille52

mille52 Old, Slow and Not Crabby

:up:

18. bidwell

bidwell Well-Known Member

Thanks. I went to their web site before but somehow missed the part about being capable of hard wiring to 12V. I think in a year or three beacons will be a thing of the past.

19. 125racer

125racer Member

Replaced ALL of the (two) gauges on my stock cluster.......that would be both the water temp and the tachometer on a Honda RS125 this then added the shift light lap time all-in-one.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

125 racer,
    Have you used it since doing this? Did you get the tachometer input from the same place as the oem tach or did you wrap a wire onto the spark plug lead?