1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XR70 tires DT and asphalt

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by ChemGuy, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I picked up an XR70 in need of repair and put a new 88cc kit/top end in. I plan on hurting myself in the backyard doing some DT-type riding. Anyone have a recomendation on a reaer tires for something like that? 3.00x12" rim.

I may also play with some peeps taht mess around in parking lots so I need some asphalt tires for the same. front is 2.5 x 14"

I cant wait to crash...errr ride this thing.

Thanks.

2. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Swap the 14 with a 12. There are very few 14 inch street tires. If you are adventurous then you could get some scooter tires and grove them for the dirt. It really wouldn't be that hard.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I have some leftover OEM wheels from my sons CRF70 if you needed pieces cheap.

this is my sons crf80 with duelling 14s (70 swingarm isnt cooperative for big wheels)
    [​IMG]

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Thanks for the info guys.
    I did find some tires taht might work. motorcycle superstore has a ton of scooter tires. I found a 12" Shinko that has a nice DT style tread already on it for the rear. Yeah Boyyy. Shinko FTW....

Turbo, I may take you up on a the stock 12in rear as a spare or to turn into a front rim. Let me get this thing really going and I will let you know.

Based on my American Supercamp crash from a couple years ago, I will be in traction within the next 2 weeks....lol.