1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XR racing

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by backcountryme, Jan 24, 2012.

1. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I'm going to be selling this bike. Might be interested in selling the chassis and motor separately, but I don't know how much of a steal it would be. I bought this roller for $1,800. I have around $6,000 into the bike, so I'm going to take a bath either way, but I really do need to make some room in the garage. We're focusing on the 125 this year.

2. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

There's the conundrum of a RS chasis build. $1800 for a roller isn't a bad price. But then again, for that price one can put together a Ninja 250, or do a really good 100 engine build.

So many worthy bikes/builds so little money...

3. pastarocket

pastarocket Member

How much are you asking for the bike earacing? How would someone 6'1 fit on it? Thanks.

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My XR has Sun 2.75 rims front and back. Still have a pretty good range for chain adjustment without tire clearance issues. I am using Dunlop 115s on both wheels. The steering is not noticeably heavy. Bike was built out of what happened to be available, thus the sun rims. With a 95 on the front, between the tire profile I ended up with and the thickness of the alloy on the rim edge, I could actually get the edge of the rim to touch the pavement. I'm happy with the way my bike feels with the current set up.

5. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

After reading this, I think you may have actually been the person to give me the idea to try the rear on my front rim...

6. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Might be a tight fit, but I've seen bigger guys on smaller bikes. Sent you a PM.

7. NateDawg122

NateDawg122 Active Member

The closest racing with the most riders takes place in spec classes, but a stock XR/CRF100 class really does nothing to separate the men from the boys. If you get one bad start or grid pick then you are done. On bikes with more hp you will see who is really the better rider because it takes a lot more skill to control the bike and go fast on it. Don't get me wrong I like some spec class racing but its almost like there are too many people up in the front.