1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XFL

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Feb 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It didn't suck. I'll watch it some more.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I for on like older cheerleaders.

ChemGuy likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I dug it, will watch some more and follow the DC team.

5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Which network televises the games? I haven't run across a game while channel-surfing.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All of them it seemed. Fox, ABC, ESPN and some others. Fox and ESPN today.

7. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

It was ok. Liked the scoring options for extra points. Will have to watch some more to see what else they are trying differently than the nfl. Of course the level of play will not be on par wtih nfl at this point...the players are in xfl for a reason.

I didn't really care for the sideline interviews shoving mics in the faces of players right as they come off the field...don't like it in any sport and no place for that crap IMO. I did like hearing the interactions of coach and players, and really liked hearing the officials discussing the penalties. Now we can see exactly how they come up with their decisions on replays. No more hiding behind the veil of secrecy and unaccountably for the zebras.

badmoon692008 and pfhenry like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The kickoffs are very different, strange to watch actually. That said, they are for sure safer and will likely end in some exciting returns

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I watched it and was surprised how much I liked it. Then I watched the ARCA Daytona race, which was pretty good too. Some dirt bike guys daughter is a rookie and fast as shit...she came in second. Hailie Deegan is her name. I think you'll be hearing a lot about her in the future.

stk0308 and auminer like this.
  10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lol at some dirt bike guys daughter. He founded metal mulisha with Mike Metzger. Brian Deegan is a bad ass. Glad to hear his daughter is one too.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tampa Bay is playing NY on Fox now. Getting used to some of the strange rules and the level of play but Once again, don't hate it.

pfhenry likes this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Tampa's uniforms look right out of Oregon (Ducks) for color scheme.

13. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

i like the team names... Like Houston rough necks lol

14. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Just watched the St. Louis game. It wasn’t half bad. Thanks for the heads-up.

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

One non football observations. I dig most of the uniforms and the color schemes. One exception to this is the LA team. Their uniforms are an abomination and don't seem fitting for an LA team.
    https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/los-angeles

16. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I watched every game and enjoyed it. First game so much improvement will occur over the next weeks.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Been watching Hailie Deegan for a couple of years now. She appears to be the real deal!

Definitely not afraid to mix it up with the boys.

IMNSHO she will make a helluva bigger impact on 4 wheeled racing than that Danica whatshername ever did.

rd400racer likes this.
  18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

It has to be better then the CFL.

brex likes this.
  19. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

not to get too far off topic (but hey, its the beeb) - founding metal mulisha should be on the low side of his accomplishments in the sport of freestyle motocross. dude was a pioneer. :beer: and yes his daughter looks to be the real deal.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

She was driving the Trophy Karts in the Lucas Oil series a decade or so ago, moved into her dad's pro-lite a few years back as well. Watching the way he supported her at those events while he also had races to run was actually pretty amazing, the guy earned my respect for it for sure. She has been around racing her entire life and has incredible support, I have no doubt she will continue to grow in the sport.