1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X2 transponder

Discussion in 'General' started by sportracer07, Feb 7, 2019.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

So how many of you are using the My laps X2 transponder. Are they reliable, easy to use, give me the good and bad. Figured it would be cheaper than renting one every race weekend.

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Its super easy. Just sucks to pay every year but in the long run it still pays for its self instead of renting. Mine has been awesome this far. I would get one.

3. sportracer07

Do you mind if I ask how much it costs to renew the subscription. I cant find that on there site.

4. 905

905 Active Member

You can also find the older mylaps amp transponders that you never have to pay fees on. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

260 here... paid for itself quick

track wagon likes this.
  6. sportracer07

Do you pay full price to renew them each year. The one with direct power upgrade is $233 I think, so would I pay 233 per year to renew it?

7. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Its 169 for the year.

8. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

You can buy up to 5 years.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They work great - but there is one line buried in the instructions you must remember - it has to be plugged into a computer every so often even if the subscription is still valid. I think it's a cool thing, helps keep them from being useful if stolen. However if a rider hasn't done it in a while it will not work when you get to the track....

The subscription setup is cheaper than renting for sure. I do have some of the old school no subscription last forever all you have to do is charge them 260's for sale. $600 brand new with all the you need.