1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wuts up with no Espanol at HD?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, May 13, 2019.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

I noticed all of the home depot's around town in the past year have taken down all of the Spanish language signs.

I mean that's fine and whatever, but I'll be damned they should make sure if they're going to do that the employees can read English. Lol. I was searching for weather stripping today and the sign for it was 5 isles away in the paint isle. Forgot to get a pic.

But really, what's up with the Spanish being gone? I think I remember up in NYC they had several languages on the signs. Anyone else notice this?

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

And the problem is.............? SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!:D

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You can't do the Milano Mosh. :Poke:

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

you think that youre really hard:moon:

pickled egg likes this.
  5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

No idea but my recent move has put me near a Lowes, oh man what an upgrade from HD! I don't see myself ever going back to HD.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

R-6127426-1529417254-6133.jpeg.jpg

7. joec

joec brace yourself

More just curious about what prompted the change and if it's something people in other regions are seeing or if it's corporate wide.

8. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Weird, I've had the exact opposite experience.

socalrider likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...they are frequently located very near each other. If one doesn't have what I need, I go to the other. I do hate that Lowe's only sells Pepsi products at the register.

10. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Lowes is based in Carolina. HD in Atlanta. Go figure.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I loathe Lowes. I despise Menards. If I can't get it at my supply houses or HD I probably don't need it ;)

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pepsi was formulated in NC, I think it is headquartered in NY.

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I read the thread title and tried to figure out the Harley Davidson and no Espanol connection. This is a motorcycle forum after all.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

Preach brother!!

15. joec

joec brace yourself

Which is why we're not discussing Harley's. ;-)

auminer, britx303 and scottn like this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I am the exact opposite. I often go to Lowe's simply because there will be Mt. Dew in the facility. They do seem to have slightly different approaches though. Home Depot seems to have a more home builder focused approach and Lowe's leans more towards the home owner.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

What state? Only 2 real explanations: Some kind of state law, or a lawsuit.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

First time I've heard of guys deciding where to get building supply's by what kind of soda they sell.:crackup:

Rebel635, ducnut and joec like this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Reading is fundamental. I said I go to both, but hate that Lowe's doesn't carry anything other than Pepsi. North Augusta doesn't have a HD, so I spend a bunch of dollars at the Lowe's 3 miles from the house. If they don't have it, I have to drive all the way to Georgia to go to HD.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .