1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTT a 90-92 GSXR750 'Duplex' Header/Mid for a 90-91 GSXR1100 header/mid

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by SpeedyE, Jun 25, 2021.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

WTT:
    1990-1992 GSX-R750 DUPLEX Header and mid pipe (No Canister!).
    I am searching/looking for a header and mid-pipe (No canister) for a 1990-1991 GSX-R1100.
    A good friend sold me this duplex, thinking it was for my 1986 GSX-R750.
    I ran the header number, and it comes back 1990-1992 GSX-R750.
    The canister that came with this system, was different from the original in the ad, it had been modified by previous owner.

Shortened outer tube, front and rear rivet/screw holes all out of wack, and the front insert was plier'd and bent up preposterously, no insertion into tube without much blacksmithing effort/time.
    I'll eventually spend the $ on an outer Al tube, and a block/round of aluminum to make a new forward insert and build it back up correctly later, and install it on a 90/1100 header/mid-pipe.

The condition of the header/midpipe:
    I Took Good pics, and pics of all the handling/surface scratching.
    The colored thing on the header, on the 'duplex' chamber, is a peice of USPS shipping tape, that is stuck to it. I can fingernail it off, if needed :)
    I was told this pipe is OEM/Yosh/Original finish/paint. I have no reason not to believe that. The photos in the original ad, where I bought it, the ad showed what looked like a NOS header/mid/can.
    I cannot pull one trace of blac/carbon out of the inner tubbings w/ my finger. Surgical clean of carbon residue.

There is ZERO rust/pitting scars in/through the paint. It is smooth, no pits, etc. I believe it to be original Yosh paint on it. It looked new when I received it. The canister that was on this system looked perfect in the pictures, but I received a Frankenstein'd/damaged-parts canister instead (looked better in the pic I received, lol), to save me a few $'s, lol. So again, I believe this is a NOS system with handling marks from me. If I am wrong, please post up.
    The scratches on it, are from me, moving it around the house/basement/garage the last 1.5 years. If it was me, imho, wipe it w/ acetone, tack cloth, and just a light dusting w/ some hi-temp paint, bring it back to 'new' looking.
    I didnt do that, cause I show full disclosure. I straight up. I Not paint/hide truth. I scratched it, moving it around many times. If you want it painted, I dust and bake it for you, np. But I show truth in pics B4 dusting black.
    I have no use for this header/mid-pipe system, I do not have a 1990-1992/750.
    I do have a 1990/1100 that needs an exhaust.
    So, if you have a 1990-1991/1100 header in good shape, and are looking for a 1990-1992/750 Yosh Duplex Header and mid-pipe, shoot me a PM.
    Thank you
    1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG

2. SpeedyE

3. SpeedyE

FWIW: I am i a mentally 'Tough' spot right now (prior-abuse/ptsd/etc). I may not respond right away, I respond probably when I have a good moment or feel better all together. Sorry.