1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF Philadelphia?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Oct 20, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Bullet holes in the back of the car? Looks like someone shot the car not knowing (or caring) they there was a kid in the back.

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Drug deal (or similar gone bad)?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Drug deal, road rage, mistaken identity? I’d think if it were a hit they’d have shot the glass. They shot the car, at fairly close range considering the grouping.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How the heck does your car get shot multiple times and you don't know until you park several minutes later?

6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Its the latter. They don't give a damn. Couple years ago a 5 yr old was killed by some asshats who shot at his dad's car. Kids dad quit the gang and the gang decided to "take care of him". 3 of those fucktards are in prison for a looooooooong time.

7. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I assume you've never spent time in Philly to answer that question.

Load music
    On the phone
    Talking to people
    Depends on the distance of the fire arm

PA is open carry except for Philly

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Only 2 years. Philly shipyard 89-91 for the USS Kitty Hawk's SLEP.

I wasn't referencing the sound of the weapon discharging. I was referencing the round striking the vehicle.

The closest thing I've ever personally experienced would be a rock hitting the windshield. They're pretty loud. I would think that 4 rounds punching through your vehicle's sheet metal would be quite audible.

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Hunting Park? Duh! Obviously, there were hunters in the area.

10. Handicapped Racer

You'd be surprised, glass specialty a windshield is much thicker than a Door or Trunk panel so I expect a much louder, been shot at before never in a car but I have been down range and have had round hit the target frame, it's not as loud as one would think. But if they were blasting the radio it's really hard to say.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's one experience I will be happy to never have.

auminer likes this.
  12. Handicapped Racer

have had fires arms in my face more times than I'd openly like to admit. Been to too many clubs in Dc and Philly where shootings took place. You get good at gauging the distance of that firearm crack

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I live a little further from the edge.

14. Handicapped Racer

Never fancied myself as one to live on the edge. I was a picked on youth, who wound up in the Corps that just turned me into an angry quick tempered young adult. Who reacted before thinking, Much calmer now but that side is still clear and present. I try to not let my emotions get the best of me and with carrying a firearm on a daily helps me avoid situations I wouldn't normally avoid. So I do have someone what of a conservative side lol

R Acree likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Your perception is your reality. :D

16. Handicapped Racer

I guess so

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

THIS!!! Most of the people doing these shooting don't posses this thought process. They've been raised with zero training or respect for firearms, never having any of the proper training many of us had from dads, grandpas, hunter safety courses, etc. They get their ideas about firearms from tv and movies, where they're "cool" extensions of manhood and power, so they think they can just get mad and pop off a few rounds at a crowd, car, building etc without realizing the kind of damage those bullets actually do. They think the problem stops with the BANG, but in reality it's just beginning.

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Same with how so many guys treat women, these days. And, women stand for it! SMH.

ryoung57 likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds