1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF? No thread on the new tax thingy?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

BAM! Problem solved. High five.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Just make sure that high five doesn't affect your hand usage.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Dude I'm slow I don't follow.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What I am saying is that if you slap hands too hard, or miss and hit your hand too hard on something, the effect could be bad enough to affect how you use that hand afterwards.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

From what I heard on the radio this morning, reduction in corporate taxes, about 15% I think, eliminate estate taxes, raise taxes on the lowest and mid levels, remove deductions. Though the politician they were talking too couldn't be specific on the deductions yet. :)

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So you're saying that impact might have an effect that would affect how your hand functions a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶.̶.̶.̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶.̶.̶.̶ ...thereafter.

Orvis and brex like this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hahahaha

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I had my yearly review with my super duper, double throw down, economic advisor today and we ended up discussing this new tax plan. The advisor thinks that the tax rewrite will actually help the economy gain but he said that it will also hit people like him right in the teeth since he's not a corporation. For him, as well as all other unincorporated business people that presently have write offs (itemized tax form) it means that he has to file his taxes on the short form. He loses the ability to itemize his taxes so his taxes will go up by 15 or so percentage points. In his case he said that if the economy does take off he will make some of that extra tax cost back due to increased client investment so he's for it. Others may not be so it may end up failing.

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

If you're a management fuck that thinks a 'quantum leap' is a big change. An impact is Meteor Crater, not a latte machine in the breakroom.

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Why waste energy on something that is not going to happen?

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Affect.

And the current answer is we don't know. So many details are not yet figured out. Most likely, it will mean very little for most of us.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Is it energy or synergy?

13. beac83

That's like saying you should drink half your piss to save water.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't give him the answer, it ruins our fun.

15. beac83

I didn't want this thread to be like the other one. Maybe, just once, the dungeon can be fact -based?

I must be high. :crackup:

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The interesting thing to me is the removal of deducting your state and local taxes.

I'm not too thrilled with the increase in LLCs but the logic is sound.

I also heard that while deductions will be reduced the standard deduction will be doubled or more, as well as the child tax credit, hopefully with the affect (hehe) of a simplified tax code.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This is pretty much what I want to know too.

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm a "flat taxer" and believe in a balanced budget so I know I'm out of luck. Getting rid of the myriad of special interest deductions and the government's heavy hand in choosing winners and losers is a start. The elimination of state and local tax deductions (also property tax???) will kill this as Cali and NY will see that never happens.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not much fact available just guesses on the details.

20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

You mean comes at the expense of the middle class. The only difference is that repubs benefit the rich, the dems benefit the poor. Either way, middle class gets screwed.