1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTD: Aluminum Race Rad for 94 YZF750R

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by FED34FIRE, Feb 26, 2015.

1. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Anyone know of someone or company that makes Aluminum Radiators for a 94 YZF750R?

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I am confused as to what you may want to do to said radiator:D.

3. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

The 04-05 ZX10 radiator will work as well with a few minor modifications, see pics.

I have a YZF750R radiator that you can have for free if you want to just pay for the shipping cost.

Attached Files:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guessing Want To Design :D

5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Could be Destroy and just want to be clear:up:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point, we are talking racing here.

7. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Defile...

8. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Good info on the ZX10 swap.
    WHo's bike in the pic? How does it run with open filters?

9. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Hell, you can probably get any modern radiator work for you. I just put an 05 R1 radiator in my 93 CBR900, I just twisted the top mount a few degrees, and it was a perfect fit.

Attached Files:

10. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

The bike runs fine with the dual pod open filters. If this helps, Charles over at HFD1 dyno-tuned the 750 with the stock air box and open filters and the results were more HP with the open filters but slightly less torque. The tank was raised on the bike with the open filters to allow for more airflow.

Regarding the racing aluminum radiator. From what I have found there are still a few of the ram-air style (gap in the center top) out there but they are very pricey. Last I checked Dutchman Racing still had one in stock that would be similar to the one in the attached pic.

Attached Files:

11. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

That rad would cost more than I paid for my entire bike I am sure

12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Cheater bikes! LOL on my F3 a 2006 CBR1000 rad fit with a little lower bodyworks mods.
    Im sure of you searched around or took a tape measure to the track and went and measured a few bikes you can find one that will work. Or just take Mike up on his offer.
    Just a tip, if you put too big a rad on it, you will need to tape some of it up to help it keep heat in the motor. Best of luck.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V6

13. FED34FIRE

Actually could use those rearsets you have in the photo.

14. FED34FIRE

Simple, need a Rad for my bike. Stuff on eBay is garbage and pricy. Putting a lot of time and money into the bike so I would like it to be right and really nice. Probably the last race bike I will ever build or have. My dream was to build a replica of the factory bikes Yamaha ran in AMA back then. Not working out though.

Whats wrong with building a bike properly and wanting it too look sharp? I;m in this for fun. I always built and ran nice race bikes. I'm 47 and not going anywhere with the sport. I just want to have fun. I think it's good for the sport if the vintage bikes look correct and also safe if you build them correctly. I had hybrid stuff in the past. I always though it made the bike perform worst.

15. FED34FIRE

Ran a Kawai Rad on my FZR400. Worked great.

16. FED34FIRE

Cool. Looks like a replica of the Race Kit one. Someone on UK makes them for YZF and OW's. More money than I paid for the bike used.

17. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

Unfortunately, Attack Performance no longer makes them and I need mine. :) LSL still has rearsets for the YZF750 and they are very nice. Dutchman has the modified versions as well, see below links. (These are the only places in North America that I know of that still have "new" rearsets for the YZF750)

LSL Rearsets

Dutchman rearsets
    Click on "chassis" and scroll down.

18. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

How much money do you have to invest in it?
    There are custom builders that will do it just like that AMA race bike, its just how much you're willing to pay.

www.setrabusa.com

These guys do primarily oil coolers, but I think their parent company does radiators.

http://www.fluidyne.com/index.html

These guys do mostly car stuff, but again, money talks, the fabrication processes are the same. Good luck, and lets see some pictures when its done.

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

This guy does mostly repair, but I think he could do some custom stuff.

I would go the hybrid route myself, which I've done several times. If you find something that is close, it is not too big a deal to have them adapted. Then paint it up, add custom lines, and you would be surprised how good it will look.