1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB TZ250 Wheels.

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Manxboy, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Manxboy

Manxboy Well-Known Member

Looking for a front and rear wheel for my 1996 TZ250 to mount rain tires on. Would prefer 5.5 inch rear. Let me know what you have.
    Pat Mooney.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Pat,
    I had a bitch of a time finding TZ wheels for my RZ about 5 years ago unless you were willing to pay big bucks for aftermarket wheels. I know they are out there and you hardly see these bikes on the track anymore. You would think the collectors would be willing to sell off spare rain wheels. 5.5 rear wheels should be the most common rear size out there too.

3. Manxboy

Hey Joe, I agree there has to be a ton of these laying around as the bikes don't seem to be getting raced much and everyone had the ne or two spare sets whilst racing.
    What are the options on aftermarket wheels these days?

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Dymag will make whatever you want. Just takes months to get them.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've sold 2 pairs in the past few years. They were both snapped up quickly. Good luck on your search.

6. markhamilton312

markhamilton312 Well-Known Member

i have a front pat but the shipping from ireland would be expensive, it would be £300 sterling plus shipping

7. Manxboy

Thanks thanks for the Input Motion.
    Mark, is your front rim 3.50 or 3.75 inch and could you possibly get a price on the postage to Florida Zip code 32776?
    Hoping the postage might not be to bad as I did get a radiator posted from Gecko Motorcycles in UK and it was quite sensible.
    Cheers.

8. markhamilton312

hi pat, rim is 4.5 wide in total edge to edge, 3.75 inner, will check shipping later today

9. Manxboy

Cheers Mark, Keep me posted.

10. markhamilton312

11. markhamilton312

with royal mail postage varies from £75-90 depending on service. if you want to check fed ex etc for a better deal the wheel plus packaging weighs just under 5 kg, my postcode is (UK) BT80 0DR

12. Manxboy

I think I have wheels sorted out, thanks for your replies.