1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB- TTR125 Wheels

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by r6boater, Nov 26, 2017.

1. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Looking to pick up an extra set of wheels for a 2007 TTR125 (front disk brake set up).

Prefer ones already made into supermoto wheels but willing buy stockers and slap some bt45 on them too... either way, let me know what you have.

Thanks

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The front is a 19. Find a stock yz85 from on eBay and it's a 17 so your tire choices are endless. Then run a bt45 on the stock rear. Boom, conversion for cheap!

Or spend $500 converting your wheels

Or spend $1000 on a complete set

Tas and r6boater like this.
  3. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Thanks!

4. superkain

superkain Well-Known Member

I have a nice 17" supermoto front wheel for a TTR125L in Texas. no rear, though.

5. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Asking price?

6. superkain

superkain Well-Known Member

$200 shipped?

i'll snap some pics if you like. 17" excel Takasago 17 x 2.50 . laced and ready to go

7. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

the yz front wheel is a direct swap?

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If you don't think about it and just shove'er in there, it 'bolts up' and spins freely. If you pay attention you'll note that you're spreading your forks out as the YZ setup is wider from outside spacer face to outside spacer face. I cut down a set of YZ spacers to center the wheel in TT-R forks, and then cut down the caliper bracket to match, all easy enough to do with a hack saw and some patience and ended up with a proper setup with less stiction.

Tas and r6boater like this.
  9. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

thanks for the info Josh.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'll dig, I may have my cut down caliper bracket still floating around in the garage some where.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Not "direct"but easy enough for a very basic machinist with a cheap lathe.