1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB Krämer HKR EVO2 R

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by AeroD1, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

I'm an "older guy" with both a MT07 (superbike-build) and an Evo2R, and I agree with both Gino and Billy. The Kramer is a sharper tool than the lightweight twins; it stops and turns better, and the feedback is superior to what I get with the 07. Its also a little bit quicker out of the corners but from about 90 mph up, my 07 is stronger (with a bit over 90 rwhp). The Kramer is less physically demanding to ride and, overall, less work to keep running with its stock motor. Tires last longer too, and I can confirm the Kramer crashes better. I raced a '95 TZ250 for a few years, years ago, and the Kramer is a larger, more comfortable, more reliable, and easier to ride reasonably fast version of a proper purpose-built race bike.

2. xxaarraa

xxaarraa Well-Known Member

RS660 makes 90 something horsepower and weighs 400 lbs. You can get it to 370 lbs if you strip away a ton of stuff. Maybe.

Kramer EVO2 is 100 lbs lighter @ 80 hp.
    Kramer GP2 is 50 lbs lighter @130 hp.

And that's before you get to the horse crap stock suspension and other low grade $12k price point components that will need swapped out on the RS660. Wheels, suspension, brakes, pipe and tune and race body work and you are at +$10k already on an RS660 and still limited on power to weight.

I wish people will stop comparing cheap ass street bikes that need tons of cash and labor to race prep, to Kramers.

knarlydog and Will9465 like this.
  3. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

After racing my 790 duke I want a Kramer badly.... I can only imagine how great of a ride it is.

4. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

This is what appealed to me about the Kramer. It's 100% ready to race bone stock.

5. MOtrizzle

MOtrizzle Active Member

Amen. I love my Kramer (EVO2) for all those reasons. Plus, they're designed with crashing in mind. I've seen a couple tumble, including one I endurance raced, with just superficial damage. We still won our class despite the crash. I think it was a broken lever and footpeg were all that needed replacing.

However, a slight clarification: The GP2's hp figure is at the crankshaft. When I had a stock GP2 on the dyno, it made about 114hp to the wheel. Which makes sense when you account for approximately 10% parasitic loss from crank to wheel.

knarlydog and Hugh Dunklee like this.
  6. Hugh Dunklee

Hugh Dunklee AHRMA late bloomer SOS2 '18 Nat Champ

I’ll second the xlnt survivors of low-sides and typically still race-able afterwards …and you certainly can’t always say that…even about race-bikes

7. Donnstar

Donnstar Well-Known Member

Kramer my ass! small image bike file.jpg

8. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

And Joes Kramer team wins the overall against all sized bikes in our 5-hour endurance race last weekend..

9. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

Are there new Kramers still in production? I would guess they are special order with a long lead time if so.

10. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

They're still being built. I'm the second owner of a '21 Evo2R. It was delivered in November '21; dunno when it was ordered.

11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Yes, Kramer USA should be receiving another shipment soon. I believe they received a pretty sizable order in August as well.