1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Endurance tank for 1G SV650

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by The H-man, Jul 24, 2008.

1. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Not looking for - in fact would prefer not having - any high-speed, low drag, space-aged technology fuel cap. Just large capacity. Fuel faom would be a benefit :beer:

2. 2old4this??

2old4this?? Well-Known Member

I know Steve Clark has 1 with Team Charm. 6.5 gal. with stock cap. Don`t know if he wants to sell, but you could ask.

3. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Kewl! I'll get in touch w/ him :cheers:

4. ex419

ex419 Well-Known Member

5. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Thanks. That is good info. Though, as you noted, it's tank capacity (fewer stops) not speed of re-filling the tank that we're after.

6. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Still ISO

So.... do youz think my chances of obtaining a tank will improve when the season ends :confused:

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Get a big tank before Barber and we'll test that theory :D

8. I have a 02' 1000 endurance fuel tank that I bought from Semoff Bros a couple years ago. I have not used it. It has a dent, but Evan did a great job in building this enlarged tank. I'd love to sell it. Let me know if it works for you. Mark

9. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

I am interested however comma. I'm puzzled here. You have an enlarged tank for an 2002 1000. 1000 what? Suzuki didn't make a SV1000 in '02. Besides, I'm not sure a GSXR 1000 or SV1000 tank will fit on an SV650. I don't know this for certain though. The p/n numbers just don't match.

Definitely worth us talking.

Can anyone else chime in on whether tanks from other Suzuki models can readily fit an '01 SVsixfiddy?

10. sdg

sdg *

I'm curious - what are you looking to spend?

I made one for my R6...was about 40 hrs worth of work. I'm not offering to build one, its just a somewhat unusual topic - and like I said - I'm curious... PM me if you don't want to post...

11. LilMouse62003

LilMouse62003 WERA novice #121

I can build you one if you have a stock tank to mod shoot me a pm if interested

12. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

PM'd ya LilMouse

13. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

This tank has been absorbed into the Team Charm fold, and will be atop our rip-rockin 1G SV650 at Barber. I doubt we'll be selling it anytime soon.

fwiw, I paid $550 for it about 6 years ago, so it's probabaly worth $900 by now. :D

14. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Oh sure. Stab me in the heart. Dash my hopes upon the rocks. :D

Well, the search continues.

15. ex419

ex419 Well-Known Member

I have 4 big tanks that I'll sell you at the end of the year for $8500, and I'll even throw in two sv650s.

16. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Awww man... I is a po' boy. :eek: Can't ya brake the package a bit?

BTW, what year SVs? PM me more about them. Maybe I can find a partner to buy 1 bike and a big tank.

17. wendellcrain

wendellcrain Well-Known Member

What all is involved with building a larger tank from a stock tank? I have a tank that was punctured in the side. Would that be a good one to start with or would you need one that wasn't damaged prior?

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You cut the tank apart...add the desired amout, weld it up, nothing to it....usually takes me about 10-12 hours to do one. (and make it nice)

19. wendellcrain

wendellcrain Well-Known Member

Since the tank had fuel in it before, how do you weld it and keep it from exploding? MIG alright to use?

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You get all the fuel out...and dry the tank.
    I TIG weld them....It makes for a nicer job.

In my opinion MIG is for trash dumpsters and boat trailers.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008