1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: 90-99 FZR600 front end parts

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 7470racer, May 27, 2010.

1. 7470racer

7470racer Well-Known Member

Posted here due to vintage classes. Posted on WTB and nothing.

Need: Front end, preferrably lower legs and claipers only. Send me what you have

2. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Buy some R6 or R1 "Blue Dots". YZF600 calipers are similar except they have a funky tube on the outside of the caliper. They all bolt right up and there's a greater assortment of pads available.

3. 7470racer

Bolt right up to the later style FZR forks (90-99) ? My problem is I have an 89 front end that only accepts the single piston caliper. I suppose I could modify a braket - but was looking for lower leg conversion as fork diameter is identical 38mm.

Thanks

4. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

If you go with the 90-99 forks (lowers) I think you will need a new front wheel (just the rotors probably) also. There is a slight offset (dish) to the 90-99 rotors.

I may be confusing this with the 88-89 single 2 pot 400 front brakes vs. the 90 400 4 post brakes which I know has this problem. I'm pretty sure it's the same with the 600 2 pot v 4 pot front calipers.

Custom brackets may be your best bet. I know people have made them before with success.

5. fyyff

fyyff Well-Known Member

I've got some lowers off of a 96 with calipers.

6. 7470racer

fyyff - what you looking at for shipping to 02760? I am in a time crunch too. Big ride coming up in a couple weeks and want to have straightened out before then. Thnx

You can PM me if you want

7. haunter

haunter Well-Known Member

I've got a 93 front wheel/rotors with a new PP on it

I might have spare r1 blue dots laying around too, and maybe a MC

8. 7470racer

Don't need a wheel. Just calipers and lower legs/ forks.