1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 2015 R3 track stuff

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Will9465, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

I'm coming into an R3 in the near future. Anyone have race body work? Damaged or not I don't care, I am poor. Full exhaust? Rashed is better.... Rearsets for GP shift?

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Damn, I was just about to make a post just like this. Beat me to it! lol....apparently the R3's are getting more popular. New bike though, so not many people selling much or parting out race bikes yet.

3. Will9465

I know! New plastics are 700$ and full systems are 500+. I'm the budget type racer and don't mind rash as long as stuff functions as it should.

sbk1198 likes this.
  4. sbk1198

Yeah same here, more or less. I've always got used performance parts for all my other bikes with great success. I'll probably end up with new bodywork...but was really hoping to find a used Ohlins shock, fork cartridges (either Ohlins or Andreani), and a decent full exhaust, maybe even a PCV for it.

5. Will9465

Yes sir the important stuff

6. Will9465

Looking for Exhaust and Bodywork!

7. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you two. I'm in the market for bodywork and rearsets (or risers).

8. sbk1198

I think I'm gonna have to suck it up in the end and buy new. I was hoping to find some of the high dollar items used, like exhaust, shock, fork cartridges, PCV, but nobody's parting out any yet. Bodywork would be nice too, but I really really want a set with superbike tail, and the only ones I've seen so far like that Carbonin and Hotbodies (sort of). Hotbodies has a regular tail but the seat cover is one piece with the tank cover. But it's also Hotbodies...shitty and takes a lot of trimming to get everything to fit right. My friend got the Carbonin set for his and set it bolted right on with no effort. Said it looks really good and it's great quality too, much more flexible....but it is $1035 for a set :/

FYI, I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I'm tempted to get the Leo Vince full exhaust from Anunaki. It's only $345, but they are over in Thailand somewhere around that area, so not sure how much shipping is. They also have Ohlins shock for $590...same exact one as what most places sell here for $750.

9. r6rammy

r6rammy Well-Known Member

you dont want to deal with customs BS or taxes with stuff from Thailand....it may not be any issue at all

I have rearsets risers from NortonFab (yamahar3racing.com), gen 1. They were too high for me even at the lowest position. They were designed for Hotbodies seat which is taller. Anyone interested pm me.

Stettnichs likes this.
  10. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

The Armour Body tail is much nicer to take off/on..
    Ck out the K-tech suspension too. Fork Cartridges + 2 shock models, one budget $.

Stettnichs likes this.
  11. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

man I wish I had the Armour Body tail on my R3. the Hotbodies one is a pain to get on and off, even after grinding off the supports for the passenger seat.

12. r6rammy

r6rammy Well-Known Member

Actually, Armor bodies Version 1 tail is also a pain in the rear. They update to a 2-piece design which is a whole lot better design

13. sbk1198

FYI, to those few others on here interested in much of the same stuff....I found another option for bodywork. Pro-fiber, out of Slovenia. They don't have it posted on their website yet but I contacted them and they have 1 set for the R3 at the moment, fiberglass, with black gelcoat instead of the typical white. With today's currency conversion, it comes out to be $450 for the set, not including shipping. I'm waiting to hear back from them on how much shipping would be. Unfortunately it doesn't come with a tank cover and a wheel fender, but it does have a superbike tail. I don't care about the fender cuz I could always use the stock one, but I'm bummed about it not having a tank cover :(

14. Will9465

Let me know! Am interested
    h

15. Stettnichs

As am I as well. That would be a great option to look into! Let us know the shipping costs and if/when more sets will be available.

16. Stettnichs

Thank you for the good words on the updated tail. Their set is one I'm heavily considering.

17. sbk1198

Well it doesn't look like they're replying anymore so who knows. Maybe when I asked how much shipping is to the US, they probably thought "yeah, fuck that guy!" lol

18. Stettnichs

Haha that makes sense. Maybe if you tell them there's 3 of us interested, you might get some better response. Who knows.

19. sbk1198

Ok so they replied back! They are in fact working on a tank cover as well which they said will be done monday. With that included total cost is 459 euros + 69 euros shipping, so with the current exchange rate it comes out to only $561! Not bad...not bad at all. If one of you guys want it, feel free to contact them. They said they've had quite a bit of interest for it. I am not in a position to buy just yet, I've been just looking at what my options are for now, but I will most likely go with this option in about 4-6 weeks when I'll be ready to buy. Can't beat this price for a set with tank cover and superbike tail. FYI, not sure if I mentioned this before but it does have side fairings....in other words, the front and 2 sides are separate, not 1 big piece like the usual way race bodywork is. So if that doesn't bother you, have it. Personally I like that style better because on certain bikes it can be easier to put on and you don't have to take everything off just to do some quick work on one side of the bike.

20. Will9465

Hmm Ok. Depending on the race organization and their allowable fairings. I saw a guy with all black street fairings and numbers with all lights removed. A cheap set of OEM fairings is less than 400$. It does not have a one piece belly pan, but is an option as well.