1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK Silverstone viewing - help me choose an option

Discussion in 'General' started by 2blueYam, Mar 5, 2012.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My wife and I are going to London for the Olympics and I discovered that Silverstone WSBK is happening while we are there. She has basically given me the option to select any ticket / package that I want to get for the race. We will probably only be able to go to the track Saturday and Sunday as our flight in to London doesn't arrive until Friday morning.

So we could get the 3 day BMW Hospitality Package to include 3-day pass, paddock pass, breakfast, lunch and drinks at the BMW Hospitality unit, rider meet and greet with Haslam and Melandri, autograph session shirt, cap, garage visit. The provider claims we will not miss the rider meet and greet or the garage tour by not coming on Friday. 439 Pounds per person.

So we could get the 2 day Suzuki Hospitality Package to include 2-day pass, paddock pass, lunch and drinks at the Suzuki Hospitality unit, rider meet and greet with Hopkins and Camier, autograph session and garage visit. 419 Pounds per person.

Neither of the above include and reserved seating to watch the race, just the general admission find a spot and watch. Of course the risk of not having a covered seat is that it will rain on us during the race. It is the UK after all. At least we should be able to dry off in the hospitality area.

I could get reserved covered seats, paddock passes and a pit walk for about 180 Pounds each.

So the question to those that have been there:
    Is the general admission good enough to get a good view of the race at Silverstone? If I go with reserved seating should we go with Abbey or Woodcote? Which is closer to the pits for use of our passes?