1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK Catalunya

Discussion in 'General' started by henry_carlson, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Great outcome for Gerloff, really happy for him. Finally!

Does anyone know how to watch this race on TV? I went to the Cycle News TV listings and saw nothing. There’s usually a summary and second race show on Sunday, couldn’t find one this week.

2. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Good to see GG enjoy the podium.

3. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Who wouldn’t give a weeks wages to know the truth, and the story behind it, at Yamaha ?

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Hooray! GG! Finally on the rostrum again!

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Exactly, not sure where this new spec info came from but it's not consistent with what's been told. Also the latest is not necessarily the greatest. Sometime having something proven beats having something new.

The only new spec we got going on is GG is finally able to ride free.

6. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Just now catching up on WorldSBK after watching MA all day. That was awesome!!! Go Gerloff!!!

Nice to see Dosoli giving him props at the podium, and to see him so happy up there, and so stoked for his team.

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It’s not just that GG finished in a higher position, he looked like a different rider while doing so. He had a command of his bike that we haven’t seen since the infamous Toprak clash last year. That was just great to watch.

henry_carlson, sbk1198 and Dragginass like this.
  8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yea he was making passes into T1 with hella confidence. He definitely looked to be in a groove in the back half of the race.

9. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

He passed the king of braking in T1!! During those few seconds I was like WHAAAAT?? One does not simply pass Toprak on the brakes in T1! lol

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Same here. Granted, toprak had run into tire issues. But that said, passing toprak in a hard braking zone under any conditions is still something noteworthy.

sbk1198 likes this.
  11. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I haven't paid attention to topo speed at the other races but I noticed that in the second race the Hondas had some of the highest top speeds. And Bautista was 10kmh slower during the race than in qualifying.

12. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

So quiet in here. Congrats to Bautista and Rinaldi and Ducati.

henry_carlson likes this.
  13. 418

418 Expert #59

Not many crybaby Bautista fans in here apparently. :)

14. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

The crybaby GG fans arent here. All good.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, someone confiscated the good electronics again today?

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

More like, we have a special tune for you today…enjoy, traitor. LOL

Dragginass and malamute like this.
  17. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Bautista schooling people.

18. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Yup, lol! Special tune consists of 3 cylinders and 75% of throttle!:D

19. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Yes, but did you see his face when Gerloff passed Toprak? Looked pretty evil from here. LOL

20. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Rea has such an interesting riding style. His outside leg in a turn isn’t up against the bike. Is he weighting the inside peg?