1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Jan 22, 2020.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

They tried that already. I'm sure they'll come up with another idea to slow him down.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I stand corrected. Should help Baz and Raz keep a bit closer to JR.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Oh you were talking about Davies......I thought you were talking about Fabrizio.

That dude is the last person who should be commenting since one could make the same claim about him considering Michel had only 4 race wins spread across his 3 year long stint on the Ducati factory WSBK team...not that impressive considering. Davies has had what, 30-something race wins for Ducati?

turbulence likes this.
  4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Ra.Ge. Raptor and BigBird like this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Crash.net reporting VDM is gone from Yamaha next year to BMW.

track wagon likes this.
  8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

D763DDEF-BA06-49D9-A946-310EF2039242.png

9. turbulence

can we get beaubier to the courtesy phone please

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I wonder where his head’s at with all that. He’s been pretty adamant over the years that he would only go over for the right ride.

If Elias or Fong can’t truly challenge him this year, what more does he really have to prove in the US? Would it change his mind if he wipes the floor with everyone this year?

Would Pata Yamaha even consider him?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

He can prove that he has a PHd in BMF and make a good living doing cool shit in his home country. His stock is rising either way. I get the desire to go to the next level but if he feels comfortable and is thinking of kicking his feet up in a few years why not just be a short flight from home and stack cash and #1 plates?

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm sure a lot is contingent upon what sort of offer he'd receive and from whom it'd come from. There's a lot to be said for sticking with what you're familiar with, and Mladin's record is still out there...

renegade17 likes this.
  13. turbulence

i think they’d be stupid not to.

unless rossi decides to retire from motogp and do wsbk, would there be a better available yamaha rider?

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Another Spies rookie event (ie Cam on a Yammie in WSBK) would be spectacular......:eek:

turbulence and Senna like this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Am I the only one wondering what it could mean for Garrett?

stk0308 and prospected like this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Maybe bump Baz? I don't think Davies has a ride yet, either.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Rossi, Zarco and Dovizioso don't have contracts either. :D

18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

+1. Gerloff should get the ride if they go with an American. He’s outperformed his more experienced World Stage teammate in testing, practice, and the race showing significantly more speed and adaptation to the new package. Garrett stepped up to the plate 1st with the leap to the world stage and should be rewarded as such.

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't think it works that way.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Clearly, they should award him the championship now. No reason to waste money having more rounds. :D

Shocker and turbulence like this.