1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Jan 22, 2020.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't recall if this was discussed last season but how competitive are the GRT94 R1's compared to what Toprak and MVDM have underneath them.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Most of the European countries use the majority of August for their summer vacation so no surprise there

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

GRT and GMT 94 are two different teams.

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

hopefully very close

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You know what I meant :confused:

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I believe it is the same team as last year, GRT. Melandri looked competitive (top 6) at the start of the season on it last year, but mid-season on he was struggling to get in the top 10. It could have been Melandri going through the motions before calling it quits or it could have been they didn't get updates throughout the year. Marco's teammate Cortese kind of fell off a bit as well, so maybe it was more of the latter, but hopefully not. The other factor was Baz showing up mid-season on the Ten Kate R1 and kicking both of their asses.

7. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

According to the logic of many here, those aren't real factory bikes because a third party runs the teams for Yamaha ;)

I believe with GRT being the anointed "Junior Team" that it was said their bikes will be more in line with the factory bikes.

Day 1 in the books:
    https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...-leads-gerloff-third-on-wet-day-one-at-jerez/
    Looks like everyone went a little faster. GG went a little faster to keep 3rd OA. Nice!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Dragginass likes this.
  8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

No Suzuki? I'm fairly new to WSBK, figured they'd have one Suzi in the lineup.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Suzukis only race in JV leagues.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Suzuki is putting all of their money into MotoGP.
    Same with Aprilia except Aprilia should just pull the plug on their MotoGP program and go back to World Superbike.

Senna and Tj Hunter like this.
  11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Go Rins!

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just asked a team manager. He said it's a difficult question. Yamaha says "yes," but he's not convinced, especially in terms of electronics.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

okay, didn't GMT 94 leave Endurnace? Where did they go, world supersport? o_O

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes, starting their third season.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

One of the EWC Yamaha teams also builds bikes for anyone who can afford them.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So by today's results we can clearly infer that the Honda will be the odd's on favorite if the skies open up.....:D

Not coincidentally, the last time I recall the Honda winning a WSBK race was......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cBJr, JJJerry, scottn and 4 others like this.
  17. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Aprilia is about to unveil a brand new RSGP-20 with a 90° V4 akin to the Honder and the Duck.

18. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

does bein sports still show WSBK?

19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

:(

i’m so glad he got a win in wsbk. i remember watching that race nervous as all fuck just wishing it would end without him going down. just shows what he could have done if he had been on a decent bike.

The Great One, scottn and nd4spd like this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yes

Me too