1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK| 2020 | Round 2 | Spain | Jerez | July 31-Aug 2

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 27, 2020.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Note to Yamaha: how about putting a motor in Gerloff’s bike. How can you save tires when the only way to have any chance is to push the corners real hard. That bike of his appears to be a one trick pony. Comparing him to his teammate it appears he’s getting all he can out of that bike though.
    From what I’ve read Gerloff (and Caricasulo) has the ‘19 motor. The ‘20 motor supposedly has some changes that do help with making power in race trim.

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Redding again!! He is just getting started he is going to take the chip this year!!!

Newyork, GarrettRick and Quicktoy like this.
  3. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

He had the 19' motor at Round 1. Not sure what their allocation is

cBJr likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well the 2020 engine blew up twice this weekend so I'm not sure that's a upgrade

BigBird, Quicktoy, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

hell yeah gerloff!! he beat some big names in the super pole and race #2

also, ducati factory 1/2 in race 2 and rea down in 5th? ducati penalty incoming?

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Doubtful, Rea just missed with the setup. Remember, Rea just won Superpole race. This was supposed to be a ducati track, so we'll see what happens at the next round.

7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

that was (sorta) tongue in cheek

sort of

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Gerloff is doing it big! I'm surprised and pleased for the guy.

Toprak made Redding look like his bitch in Superpole. That boy is the closest thing I've to Haga since he retired...

Kawasaki has some work to do. The Yamaha seemed to turn well, the Ducatis were rocket ships. Kawasaki didn't seem to excel at anything besides burning the tires off.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone know who the Sofuoglu in 300 Supersport is? I haven't watched the pre-race stuff.

10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Edit, Superpole race they definitely said he has a 20' motor now. Gotta remember though that Ten Kate has factory level engineers/structure in a privateer team.

11. Ever think it’s power delivery vs the motor so he can keep a tire under it for the race distance? Let’s not forget even when he has the 19 motor he shagged a tire then fell rapidly backwards. He has to push in corners because he’s still adapting to getting the power down out of the corners without killing the the tire. Not a dig against him as he has to learn the bike and tires still and he’s consistently improving.

12. A Turkish guy? :)

notbostrom likes this.
  13. Very good comparison to Haga. He fearless like haga and about as fun to watch. Never know what he’s going to do.

cBJr likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:moon:

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I look at him more like Checa. Big dude who will push you out of the way.

16. Excellent point we well. Muscle of Checa, crazy like Haga :)

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. I’d hedge my bets on it :)

18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I believe I read somewhere that he is the son of one of Kenan’s cousins.

HPPT likes this.
  19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Good job by Gerloff. Nice to see him up in the top 10.

Redding did well in all three and nice job by Chaz for getting to the Podium. It was nice to see something other than the Johnny Rea show.

We'll see how the ducs do on a non-duc track.

20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Every race Gerloff finds a little more out there. Super excited for him and looking forward to next week!
    Those Ducati’s were sure strong this week.

redtailracing likes this.