1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSB Qualifying...wow again (no spoiler)

Discussion in 'General' started by (diet)DrThunder, Jun 20, 2009.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

SPOILER

I know it's been talked about many times, but goddamm! 19 riders separated by under a second? This series is amazing.

2. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

good to see Sykes is in that mix...I hope to see him do well

3. victorSCP

victorSCP Active Member

man i been trying to find it so i can see it

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

W00t!!! How does he go to a track he's never seen and do so well?

5. 418

418 Expert #59

6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Is anyone besides me impressed with Jamie Hacking's place? What a rollercoaster ride Jamie's having this year.

7. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Impressed? is this sarcasm?

Looks like he's having trouble with the new track.

8. random hero

random hero Banned

Its the opposite for me.. Broc Parkes doing well on the bike, Jamie was close to a podium @ miller and has been WAY off the pace. Lets not try to use the excuse of new bike/track ect, because that hasn't phased #19. I really expected Hacking to be up in top 10, hopefully he can pull something out of his ass:up:

On a side note (and yes I know he's hurt, as usual) But how many weekends do you guys think Stiggy will stick it out with Hopper, its always something with the guy, and you know he's got to be getting paid a good amount. Seems its the same story every year with him, making big time money, with less than lackluster results.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  9. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Hacking needs to finish ahead of Parkes or at least darn close to it to back up his performance at Miller. I'm confident Miller was an accurate assessment of how he compares to the WSBK guys and I wanna see him prove that to the Europeans on their own turf!:up:

10. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Everyone's certainly entitled to an opinion, but Hacking is on a new (to him) track running up against world class riders who've been on the track before. Ben Spies is arguably another of Zeus's love children, so he doesn't count. For a mere mortal like Hacking, his 20th place qualifying effort puts him ahead of 9 world class riders that include such riders as Hopkins, Checa, Lagrive and Scassa. Every single rider in front of him is either a former world champion, a substantive national champion or an up and coming contender with a legitimate chance of a world championship.

Unless you're Spies you gotta crawl before you can walk.

I'm impressed. Maybe it just doesn't take that much to impress me.

11. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I agree with you but the fact is Spies raised the bar. Sure, he doesn't have to go dominate right off the bat like Ben, but at his age I would think he's gotta impress the team considerably to land a ride. It sounds like he already has with his input on bike setup, but the skeptics are gonna look at Miller as a fluke and wanna see some verification of his skills. IMHO and purely speculation of course, as I have absolutely no idea what goes on behind the scenes!:D