1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSB Miller: Anyone Going?

Discussion in 'General' started by stickman, Apr 29, 2009.

1. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Thinking of taking a ride out to Utah to watch WSB next month. Just curious if any of you guys are going, what it's like there, turnout? WSB is probably the best series going on these days, it should be fun.

Which grandstands are the best places to sit? I've never been.

2. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Ill be there, it'll be my first time at miller! Im not sure on where to sit, I was planning on just getting GA tickets and cruising around in the golf cart. :beer:
    If I promise to behave can someone invite me into one of their hospitality suites :D

3. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

If you are a true racing freak, you will not go to a better show. Get a GA pass and walk around all day. Make sure you get the pass with each seating area access as I think there is a difference. You can get pretty close to the riders and the turnout was awesome last year. I had a crew member pass(friend Jeff Brown raced SS) so I was able to get on hot grid and everything. Got to walk around the WSBK garages at night and talk to crew, a few riders, and I got the all time great......a picture with mr. bayliss! Glenn #62

4. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

It's a fantastic event, you'll love it. I like the Erda Grandstands, as you get a great view of a lot of the track, including some of the pivotal final turns.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

To get into the grandstands you need to have grandstand tickets as last year they had checker there.

I'll be there this year. I'm switching grandstands from the Tooele corner to the center of the front straight in front of the jumbotron. Just trying something different.

I'll be staying at Holiday Inn Express and visiting the fine bar next store. :)

6. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

Wont be at Miller, but I will be at the Imola round :)

7. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

I'm planning on going to the WERA event the week before, then I'll hang around for the WSBK crazyness. it's gonna be a sweet week or so!

8. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

We are going to race the Miller National and hang for the WSBK as well. We have a race w/ the USGPRU in Colorado the week after WSBK so we figured it would be easier to hang out instead of driving all the way back to 'bama just to get in the car turn around and drive back to Colorado. Go Spies!!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  9. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

Gerloff,
    I have watched the USGPRU series and it's good racing. Come find me when you get out to Colorado. Glenn #62 MRA

10. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

i'll be there.... who all has their tickets? i'm getting mine soon

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

They are sitting in my ticket place at home.

12. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

I'll be there, who all is bringing an RV and camping in that area by the Knockout turn? I am doing both WERA and WSBK

13. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Still trying to work out the details but I might be going.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

yup, a buddy and i are flying out. we reserved a golfcart for cruising around the track.

15. coturi

coturi Well-Known Member

I'll be there tomorrow and for the WSBK races. The Erda grandstands are probably the best place to watch other than pits. Great fun.

16. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

how much are those carts

17. dc2004600

dc2004600 Well-Known Member

The wife and I are going. First time at Miller and will be spending all four days there. Hoping it is a good time.

18. squid52

squid52 Well-Known Member

chip yates

not sure if anyone else noticed or already posted but one of our own racers, Chip Yates will be a wildcard entry for the wss race! ive had the pleasure of racing with him and wish him the best of luck! go Chip!

19. FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian Well-Known Member

I will be there:up:

20. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned