1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WRX, Focus ST or Alternative?

Discussion in 'General' started by C-Par, Oct 21, 2017.

1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Yeah I'm not a big gearhead car guy either unless its old with the cool factor. Otherwise its just a tool to get from here to there. That wrx was a really fun car though!

2. Does anyone use CD's anymore?

3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

There are a few of us Luddites left.

The only reason we use one is because we keep the Moana soundtrack in the CD player in the car so no matter what we have something the kids will like without having to scroll through menus/folders on the phones.

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Price on those cars seem to never drop. The hatch STI has been in my short list for years, but the price never dropped, the 08 is 9 years old now and still in the 20's. Couldnt do it.

5. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Yep.... Me. 100s.....

6. RyanJG

RyanJG Well-Known Member

We traded for a 2017 WRX on Saturday and appraised a 2018 today both with less than 3,000 miles. Both carried extremely high trade values compared to what they sold as new.

If you can find one like this as a CPO then its a good buy.

rafa likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

It also says something that people are trading them in with little mileage, and the WRX is not a very high production car.

8. Ok let’s make a trade, I’ll digitize all your cd’s you rebuild my exc (I’ll supply parts). Heck I may do it for free as That’s just painful for someone to go through this day n age :)

Cam Morehead likes this.
  9. Hatch Sti is a very fun car but personally the RS just felt “better” to me. Hard to put my finger on why, I just felt more connected to it.

10. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

The look on her face was worth it... I didn't look at the car....
    Meh... my wife and daughter are slowly adding all my cd's to my iPod and cloud.... And about that rebuild... Lol.... I actually paid Yates $23 to rebuild my carb on my 250 at a track... lol... He needed some groceries and I'm frugal and lazy.... We laughed all the way to the grocery store....

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Happens to every model of car. Some people buy and sell cars and have no idea why. Not unlike someone we know here lol.

BigBird likes this.
  12. I need to start being Frugal, damn Fishing stuff is getting expensive. I have more carbon, ti and ceramic in some of my rod/ reel setups than on Rossi’s GP bike :)

13. That’s me, I get bored with cars quick. Had my Jeep 3.5 years and only car I haven’t become bored with. I also don’t drive it a ton and use it off road which is probably why.

14. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

My daughter picked up a 2018 Crosstrek. Very nice vehicle.

15. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Well I think I made a local deal on a 08 STI Hatchback. More miles than I really wanted but he really took good care of it and I'm getting extras like extra set of winter tires.
    Great price. Plan to keep it for a couple years and see what happens with the scene. Subaru no longer makes the hatch so we will see what happens in 2020. Ford no longer makes the RS. The Golf R is still around. I think I can drive the car a couple years and almost get what I bought it. We will see, I'm testing the genre.

I haven't had a sporty car in years,..dang kids, but they are old enough to get in their own seats.

BigBird likes this.
  16. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Did ford cease production of the RS over the head gasket issues?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I just think they were at the end of the model run.