1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WR 450 Supermoto?

Discussion in 'General' started by TSAVO5150, May 28, 2013.

1. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

Does an 06 WR 450 F make a good supermoto for the street?

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

3. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

OK cool, thanks I'll check it out.:up:

4. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

I've got an 06 WR450F supermoto street-legal tard and it is just plain badass. Tend to ride my stock DRZ SM more though because it seems more comfortable and quiet - better fuel economy as well.

5. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting on the WR?

6. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Not sure exactly, but it can't be that great. The WR has the big carb, pipe, and shorter gearing. My DRZ has a 16T c/s sprocket on it and now gets better than 60 mpg even riding it hard.

7. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

If you're gonna pick a dirt bike to convert I'd say the WR is the one to use. I've had a couple of them, one I rode on the street for about two years nearly daily. Rock solid bad ass bikes.

8. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Yes they Do, here is mine..........and head over to SMJ there is a few.

[​IMG]

9. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I get around 80 miles out of the stock tank with my 05. Do a search here, I know there's been a few threads about converting 450's.

10. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Now that's a gas station chaser there..

11. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Yeah, inconvenient but worth it.

At the time, my commute was 40ish miles 1 way, so it wasn't too bad filling up once a day.
    I got a Valdeze (sp?) size tank with the bike, but it ruined the way the bike felt with it full.