1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this pass tech?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by chest2tank, May 14, 2008.

1. chest2tank

chest2tank Well-Known Member

I was prepping my baby for CMP on Monday, and while tightening down my nose piece, my windscreen cracked! I'm not sure I have enough time to get one off of fleabay, so I wonder if I should just remove it or if you guys think this would pass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And while we're at it, what about this? Not sure I've got the change to get a new one before Monday!

[​IMG]

And for your time, I offer you this sacrifice for your gods:

[​IMG]

He was watching me while I took these pics, and I couldn't resist :)

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I'm assuming you posted pics'? I can't see 'em at work.

The cracked windscreen should be fine. Duct tape my friend! :D

3. chest2tank

Yup, there are pics posted from photobucket, so I can understand why they're blocked.

Yeah, duct tape is always an answer :) I'll make sure to pack it if they require it!

4. sportbikerchic

sportbikerchic Sugar Daddy wanted.

Duct tape works.

Or hit your local auto parts store and pick up a small epoxy/resin syringe. It's two syringes together. Squeeze out a bit of each and mix them, then smear it on what you need to fix and 5 minutes later it hardens into essentially a clear plastic. It's very solid. Great for fixing cracks in windscreens and bodywork.

[​IMG]

I've even seen the same thing sold in a fiberglass repair kit. Same idea, but it comes with a bit of fiberglass cloth. For bigger repair jobs on bodywork you can mix up the epoxy, coat the fiberglass cloth, and apply it to the inside of your bodywork (think elementary school paper-maché).

5. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

Take a small drill bit and drill a hole at the tip of the crack to keep it from spreading first. Then use the clear epoxy idea. Duct tape sucks, it leaves a 2" strip you can't see though.

6. SpeedyTide

It's not hard to look around it if need be. :Poke:

BTW....I didn't mention in my original post, but the use of duct tape was just a temporary fix to get to ride the trackday. :D

7. sportbikerchic

sportbikerchic Sugar Daddy wanted.

I usually tell riders that to prep a street bike for the track they just have to take off or tape over anything that'll crack/shatter. .... Then one day a guy posted a pic of his bike asking if it was good to go and he had put tape over his ENTIRE windscreen.
    [​IMG]

8. SpeedyTide

:crackup:

9. chest2tank

LOL!!!!

The drill idea is excellent. I really need a new screen, so I'll just do the duct tape idear.

10. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

[​IMG]

As long as he's fully wired he'll pass tech.....:up:

11. chest2tank

He's wired, alright! He's a big homo, and every time he gets around the other male shepherd, his puppy lipstick comes out.

Duct tape won't fix that, will it?

12. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

Hey, if duct tape, zip ties or a hammer can't fix it, then it can't be fixed...:beer:

13. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I was actually going to suggest just drilling a hole on either side and ziptie that baby together.

14. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

:stupid:

CAREFULLY drill a small hole like fzrkidd mentioned. I've never used the epoxy, but clear packaging tape works well until you get a new screen.

15. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Weirdest tech moment. Dude was trying to fix a broken clip on after a crash on the 2nd lap of the first session of the day. Clipon was broken right at the body. He used a drywall screw and some caulk to attach it back on and then tried to retech. After arguing with us that the fix would hold one of the CRs walks over and grabs the clipon, breaks it off, and hands it to the guy and walks away.

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

:crackup: classic

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

See? NESBA sucks. Bunch of meanies ruining the poor guy's sano repair job.