1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 12 | Motul Argentinian Round | 12 - 14 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Glue II Electric Boogaloo.

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he's on the same bike as Rea.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cool. I just assumed that the factory team would have better equipment.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Anyone notice why both Cluzel on the SS podium and Fores on the SBK podium today both kept their left hand gloves on?

One of the commentators noticed it during the SS podium presentation but they didn't say any reason behind it...thought it was odd but then I just noticed that Xavi did the same thing when he got 2nd in SBK and had his left hand glove on as well???

5. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

maybe they are embarrassed cuz they have mutant hands with 6 fingers?

6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

One of the commentators mentioned this.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Obligations to glove sponsor?

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Man if there was any question left about how good Rea is.... he answered it in race 2. Sick as a dog and comes from way back to chase down Fores. I feel bad for Fores because that could have been his first win. Great race by Fores though.

What is with Melandri's glasses with no lenses? Is that some kind of inside joke? Melandri has an interesting demeanor when interviewed. He seems all calm and introspective, maybe its just his accent or finding his words but the way he talks makes me a laugh a little.

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Is he getting the same support?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He's been humbled since that time Biaggi slapped him across the chin

[​IMG]

11. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

hate on the boring dominance all we want .... Rea on the Kawi is brutally better than EVERYONE else

and not by a little bit either - 4 champs in a row, 10 wins in a row, nearly every record broken, and the way he just drops the whole field when he gets clean air

the speed and aggression in which he passed Fores entering the corner didn't even look like they were on the same class of bike

Laz likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Rea is Mick Doohan of WSBK. So fucking good, he's sending the whole series down the crapper.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I like having high bench marks in a SBK series. Can't beat Rea?You have no business going to GP. Same thing with Mladin. Couldn't beat him? Stay your ass in AMA because you won't make it on the world stage.

The only problem is, how many factories are dumping money into WSBK like Kawasaki?

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Ducati. That seems to be about it. I don't think Rea will have it as easy next year with the V4 Ducati coming but I could be wrong.

15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Depends on how much development it needs and how quickly they sort it out, but it does seem to have plenty of potential.

16. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Ducati will be in 2019......once they start buying Bautista bodywork.

TX Joose likes this.
  17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Heck naw.

It was quite apparent that the kawis are down on power since they were robbed of their RPMs. Rea is just a beast. I can't wait until next year. Ducati have been doing plenty of development work this year, so I think the V4 will contend quickly.